Joey Sturgis Impluse Responses

Man I hate these gearslutty talks about "everything that goes through this $$$$$ unit sounds just better", "we got the best converters ever, with superb detail and hi-end that's not harsh but open blahblahblah", "we did all the job for you with these mixready impulses". Well that JTW impulse just blew it in the end. As it often happens with so much preliminary verbal hype.

Yeah, competitor's sounds beefier in the low end and the JTW ones have that annoying cardboard sound. It reminds me more of the POD Farm Recto cab than anything else. Kudos to Joey for this, since I'm sure it will be successful, but meh.

hmm to be honest, i think the competitors one sounds better alone as a sound, where you can hear the guitar.
in the mix the other ones seem boxier but sit WAY better in the mix and are definitively clearer/defined.

being a guitarist myself i still tend to like the competitors sound better but from the perspective of mixing the JTW stuff seems not that bad...

hmm to be honest, i think the competitors one sounds better alone as a sound, where you can hear the guitar.
in the mix the other ones seem boxier but sit WAY better in the mix and are definitively clearer/defined.

being a guitarist myself i still tend to like the competitors sound better but from the perspective of mixing the JTW stuff seems not that bad...

Maybe it's about what are we looking for in a guitar tone, in which cas I'm looking for tonal characteristics more similar to the "Other" IRs, and not the JTW.

I still don't think I'd be happier with a mix with boxy guitars...

"We used the greatest gear known to man, including our very own dented v30"

JTW-v30-impulses.jpg

I believe the reason the JTW impulse may sound unfavorable to a majority of you folk is because of significant phasing caused by equalization. I have no first-hand knowledge on how they were made, but that's what I think I'm hearing.

"We used the greatest gear known to man, including our very own dented v30"

JTW-v30-impulses.jpg

That picture is definitely not a Celestion Vintage 30, or any Celestion speaker at all. I believe the image is of either a newer Sheffield, Jensen, or Eminence driver; In my experience, those companies have all used that black rubber material present around the portion of the frame in manufacturing. It serves as a gasket of sorts when the speaker is rear-loaded in a cabinet.

that JTW almost sounds like a T75 to me?
the other one did sound better...meh.
Cab IRs aren't really important for me anyway anymore.

Okay I just watched the whole video... basically what I got out of it was "Who has time to be an engineer in this day and age?"

And yeah, the competitor part sounds waaay more realistic and sits better than what they're trying to sell.

WOW! I buy every impulse product on the market and I have to say this is one I won't be buying sadly. Go back to square one guys. Your demo sounded bad. Way to go to promote your competition. Who's impulses were they anyway? Redwirez?