Joey Sturgis Impluse Responses

Maybe it's about what are we looking for in a guitar tone, in which cas I'm looking for tonal characteristics more similar to the "Other" IRs, and not the JTW.

I still don't think I'd be happier with a mix with boxy guitars...

yeah, same here but you can't deny that the JTW fits better in the mix
and it is way clearer. just saying...

I felt the same way as some of you guys when I heard these. They just aren't very good. During the comparison both sounded bad. If I wasn't told which one was theirs I would have never been able to guess which one they were trying to sell as superior.

s-preshigh is the standard that I compare all other impulses to I don't feel like anything else has surpassed it or even provided a different flavor that matches it's quality.

The whole video looked and sounded like a parody of Slate commercial videos (which are already comical in their own right to say the least).

you can't deny that the JTW fits better in the mix
and it is way clearer. just saying...

depends on the mix, really.

I like to have the option to shape the guitar tone according to what the mix needs/in what direction the band is moving.
For this, a more neutral, unprocessed tone is much easier to handle than something that has already been pushed HARD into a niche.

The whole video looked and sounded like a parody of Slate commercial videos (which are already comical in their own right to say the least).

Oh yes. I just recalled those VTB blind tests.

I must add that Joey looked very intelligent and competent on this video. What was rather irritating is another guy's words. They both are top notch pro's, it's just the wrong way to advertise the product in my opinion.

mix ready? huh? Dont want even know what they consider raw!
It´s so funny that they choose a really good impulse as competitor, because like they said, there is so many shitty impulses, but they chose a good one for a demo!ahah One that is a lot better that their product. its like shooting their own feet. :zombie: