JOHN BUSH: My Time With ANTHRAX Is 'Over' - Sep. 25, 2005

GregadetH said:
Well, bash me if you want to - but I only liked Anthrax with Bush and there's no point in me posting until he's the current singer on stage or on record with the band.

When/if that ever happens I'll grace these boards again.

Have a good 'un

-Greg

Good riddance

I am not following metal news any more so for me it came as a surprise to hear that Bush was out and Belladonna in. I've been an Anthrax fan since 1987 and I love th old albums with Donna. Still, I gotta admit that the band had made a great leap forwards when Bush appeared and I love the albums with him even more than the 80s stuff. It just saw them live a year ago and it was one of the best gigs ever!
Anthrax were never one of those bands that only could rely on their 80s stuff. They have evovlved over the years and that was surely largely thanks to Bush. Each album was different and despite some ups and downs I prefer the Bush stuff.
They should not have done this!!! It is so pathetic. They will end up like Deep Purple, endlessly regurgitating their old school stuff on so-called "last ever tours with the original line-up" instead of kicking ass with a new album every 2 years.
At least there is now a chance that Bush can reform Armored Saint and show Anthrax the way with a new kick-ass Saint album!

Cue the sitar:

"This is the end....."

Reading the Revolver article, just reaffirmed to me, that this band is one step from implosion. Dan's panic attacks, inferred mayhem by Franky, and Charlie saying that someone's (Joey) enthusiasm exceeds his capabilities.

Regardless of who you like (John or Joey, Rob or Danny) doing a reunion tour/album/retrospective is the end of the line for any band. Sure I could be wrong, but the last I checked the 1980's are over.

I hope Bush continues singing. I will support whatever he does.

I hope the band as a whole steps back, and really thinks about what has transpired in the last year. Is this how they want to be remembered? As a bunch of has-beens doing a greatest hits package, or the band who crushed on the WCFYA album and tour? Reading the transcripts on the reunion bashing site, should make everyone sit up and take notice.

Have some respect for your fans, who have been there since 1984.
I like Joey, Danny and all. I just think the band is now in it's final throes, and I am not going to be spending my money on them anymore. Thanks for the music guys; it was awesome.

Goodnight.

GregadetH said:
Well, bash me if you want to - but I only liked Anthrax with Bush and there's no point in me posting until he's the current singer on stage or on record with the band.

Have a good 'un

-Greg

I'll miss you bro. This whole thing is confusing.

GregadetH said:

Have a good 'un

-Greg

We'll miss you too Greg.

The way I look at it now is, If Anthrax can only continue with Joey, then so be it. I am more of a Bush fan, but the live shows with Joey are really kickin ass. I will be sad if we nolonger see our fav Bush songs in the set. But like a few have been saying from the begining, "Any Anthrax, is Better Than No Anthrax" I have been a fan of this band for Just about 20 years of my 26yr life. I will not stop being a fan now, just because the person who was singing in the band when I first started liking the band, is now back. We will all have to see what the future hold's for the band (Even The Band its self) I'm gunna be there no matter what. Long Live Anthrax!!!

Yes I agree no more band bashing (except Journey) like Buddy says Any Anthrax is great Anthrax.
Join the street team, buy anthrax disc's for birthday's etc.
Let's all just try a little harder to keep our favorite band going for as long as possible.
To all who have bought the New dics and/or DVD's :kickass: :kickass:
:headbang:

Cest la vie.

Life does go on.

Nothings ever perfect.

Long live Anthrax.

FUCK IT ALL..this is becoming the latest bush/belladonna thread...im gonna have my fuckin say now......JB is the ONLY singer for Anthrax

I think the cloud of mystery is causing most, if not all, of the problems.
I believe that if the band would just come out and tell the fans what's going on, we'd be much more forgiving and accepting.

It's the uncertainty and the perceived ill-treatment of Bush that is causing the harsh reactions.
(I say "perceived" because, even though I think Bush is getting the shaft, none of us really know what's going on behind the scenes.)

Set the record straight and let's all move on with whatever version of Anthrax remains.

:ill:

Mr. Wu said:
I'll be posting here next year about a new album and you'll either like it or you won't. Simple as that.
QUOTE]

Man, I was about to start bitchin' cause we have to wait until next year to hear a new album and then I realised it's almost October... I hope the new stuff comes out soon...

I don't know what happened and why the sudden line-up change and I don't really give two shits, the bad thing I feel is that Anthrax seemed to have a HUGE momentum back when they released WCFYA and kept it going with MOMD and GOTE... and it's all gone now. That's a shame, and that's why I hope they'll really wrap this Reunion business as it was supposed to happen and try to regain that momentum they had post WCFYA...

That said, I wouldn't mind a new Belladonna album, but I'd DEFINETLY mind no more Bush in my Thrax...

So here's my bright idea of the day:

Since there's this huge rift in the fan-base because of the events of this year, if *I* had any say (which I don't but piss off, I'm having my moment of clarity here) The next step I'd take, without any doubt whatsoever, would be to make a profit from all this mess and do the unthinkable and do what's NEVER EVER been done before (therefore breaking new ground and earning muchos praises):

Next album:
*A full batch of new material
*John Bush / Rob Caggiano
*Joey Belladonna / Dan Spitz
*Together...

Yeah you heard it right biotches. Two line ups, two different singers, together in one ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY CRUNCHING new album. That'd be a first kiddies. And you get to please everyone. And I get to be right and flip you all off (but that's just an added bonus)...

No really... Instead of bitching about how things are right now, we should demand day and night that this happens. You all know you want it.

As an alternative I vote for GOTE vol.2 with Bolladonna singing Bush era songs.

Man... I'm so smart I'm gonna do a thread out of this one...

The internet is a great thing. It lets me pay my bills at 11:55 p.m. when the bill is due by midnight, or keep me in touch with my friend in South Carolina, or I can e-mail a card and brighten a sick kids day. But the internet isn't always a good thing. Because I can communicate with my friend in South Carolina, I never call her and actually listen to her voice or because I can e-mail a card, now I've become overwhelmed with the amount of sick kids that I offer support too and now I spend probably as much time online at work as I spend actually working.

Back in the day, we would read Metal Edge or Hit Parader and be thinking right now "hmmm, I wonder what the heck happened with John Bush. Is he or isn't he in the band." We would talk about it with our friends and wait. Maybe Rikkie Rachman would interview Scott or Charlie and they would say 'Right now we are touring with Priest and its fucking cool as shit man! We've been writing some music and after the tour, we'll go from there.' We'd call our friends - 'hey did you see the interview? What the hell does that mean?' and then we'd wait. Eventually we would find out who is in the band and who isn't and then we'd either continue to support them or bid the band farewell.

I've been reading messages for two days and some posts bring a tear to my eye. I read them and get sad, like the band died or something, and then I say WAIT, I'm going to see Anthrax in two weeks and the fan club just opened. I don't think they are planning on going anywhere anytime soon. We damn near wait with bated breath to hear what Mr. Wu's next comment is going to be. Yesterday he posted something and shortly thereafter it was on Blabbermouth. Now if that isn't crazy fast gossiping, I don't know what is. Do you know that right now, even though its in the works for a Gigantour 2, Dave Mustaine has said that he doesn't know if he is making another album? So to me I guess its not that impossible to believe that musicians really don't always know what they are doing next. The problem is that we have instant access to all this information nowadays and at times like this, all we do is sit and speculate and rehash the same things for days and days. I understand that people feel that at the least Bush deserves to know what is going on but its the obsession with getting answers that is so damaging here. Its because its in our faces every time that we come to these boards that makes it impossible to escape the situation. If we just had our magazines and our few friends, I highly doubt we would be obsessing over the situation half as much as we do now.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath, chill, grab a beer and have a little patience.

Jacowboy said:
Yeah, now imagine quitting your job with a new-born baby to feed... wait... that's Bush...

I didn't say I don't feel bad for John, because that sucks ass. I was replying to the stooge giving the Martyr of the Underground speech.

I think John should put a ripping new band together. He'd probably do better than he was in Anthrax. The guy has a killer fucking voice and would do well in this day and age. I might add that Anyplace But Here was one of the songs he did a lot of the writing on, lyrically and melodicaly, and it was one of the best songs on We've Come For You All. Hell, I'll check out whatever band he's in.

Mr. Wu said:
PS Just to clear this up, the chronology of that article is incorrect. Charlie first brought up the reunion to me last summer in Europe. The wheels were in motion before Dime's murder. For Charlie, it was Dime's murder that sealed it for him. Read Charlie's quote in the article.

Hey Wu, I problably speak for a lot of people on this board, but I just want to say thanks for having the stones to speak up and hash it out with us on this thread and speak your mind. That means a lot to us, and at least shows that you care.

Cheers brother.