Jon Nödtveidt/DISSECTION commits suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
blabbermouth.net said:
DISSECTION frontman Jon Nödtveidt has committed suicide, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. More details will be made available shortly.

Nödtveidt formed DISSECTION in 1989 and released two full-length albums with the group — "The Somberlain" (1993) and "Storm of the Light's Bane" (1995) — before he was convicted in Sweden of felony murder of 37-year-old homosexual Algerian Josef Ben Maddour in 1997. He was released from prison in 2004, at which point he restarted DISSECTION.

DISSECTION announced in May that it would split up imediately following its final performances in support of its recently released CD, "Reinkaos". The band was subsequently forced to cancel its two previously announced appearances in North America (Sept. 1 at the House of Blues in West Hollywood, CA and Sept. 6 at B.B. King Blues Club in New York City) after Nödtveidt was denied legal entry into the United States as a result of his conviction.

DISSECTION's most recent album, "Reinkaos", was released in May on The End Records.

COMMENT |
posted by : Blabber Basher
8/18/2006 9:24:04 AM

R.I.P.

COMMENT |
posted by : Blabber Basher
8/18/2006 9:25:59 AM

i remove my rip, the man killed someone....what a moron, go to hell

He already said he was finished with Dissection and had no plans to do anything else musically.

Maybe its one of those plans to sell more albums.
But i'm not going to believe it until i see it on the Dissection site or forum, which is down at the moment...

If there was any guy in the current metal scene who was going to off himself, Jon was the one. Looking at his statements in interviews and the lyrics of his music, there were plenty of clues.

A sad situation, nonetheless. They had some classic material.:cry:

To bad, the first studio record in like 13 years. Maybe could have been a comeback for them. There are alot of bands putting out new music after extended breaks-TJ

CAIRATH on a different forum said:
He was a rather huge idiot and Dissection wasn't in any danger of releasing something that was actually worth listening to anymore at this stage.

No great loss I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.