Jan 7, 2006
Bergen, Norway
and SHIT!

That is one great record :worship: :kickass: :headbang:

The Presence is Ominous
Ruins of the Future
Colossus
Revolt

Those are my favourites so far. I've not listened to it that much yet but OMG I'm all psyked! <3 Vortex

not my fave borknagar album but it has some damn nice tunes :) the ones you mentioned are also the ones that i like the most

I bought Quintessence some time ago and I have to admit, it's not bad album at all. There are few killer songs but on the other hand there are few songs that I really haven't got into. 4 first tracks + Revolt are the killers!

Nimboc said:
I bought Quintessence some time ago and I have to admit, it's not bad album at all. There are few killer songs but on the other hand there are few songs that I really haven't got into. 4 first tracks + Revolt are the killers!

exactly my thoughts :kickass:

if you enjoyed Quintessence (and apparently you really did!), try Empiricism and The Archaic Course as well.

did you get the (limited) digipak or normal jewelcase?
what's the big deal with these digipaks anyway, they're not any different except for the packaging, but always cost a few bucks more.

I picked up Quintessence the night before I had to fly out to California from Washington, D.C., so I spent the entire flight listening to the album. I love the album, like love it. It's so hard to pick favorites, but Colossus, The Ruins Of The Future and Genesis Torn are what I'd say if I was threatened with bodily harm :Smug:. I did the analysis of Colossus because I figured my class would be put off the least by the vocals on that song. For something I rarely pay attention to now, it's such a huge hurdle for most people to get over...

I later picked up the vinyl of this album off eBay and the record itself is marbleized vinyl (translucent red is the base color). It's rather borknalicious.

Ekkratuj said:
I later picked up the vinyl of this album off eBay and the record itself is marbleized vinyl (translucent red is the base color). It's rather borknalicious.

Wow I didn;t know there was a vynil version!!! Lucky you!

Haha ironically I reserved my Quintesscence today, Digi pack version :headbang: . More ironically, I was the whole week like "Shit I hope that when I go to the store they'll have the Quintesscence digipack again". And as a matter of fact, theyt did!

:headbang:

Though they didn't have one from Mystifier that I wanted to buy :cry:

And I also reserved Blind Guardian's Tokyo Tales cd! Quite a rare find over here, considering that it was the european version hehe.

:headbang:

Quintessence and The Olden Domain are my Borknagar favorites. I did a review for The Olden Domain but I didn't do one for Quintessence. I would like to some time though.

How's this for a kick in the head? I'm ripping my Borknagar collection to Mp3 and I can't find my copy of Quintessence or the cover for Epic. :zombie:

No, Zephyrus, I'm not cursed. :Smug:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My Epic jacket is somewhere buried in my closet. I'd leave it on if it the album would fit in my cd tower with it. I keep the jackets for all my Emperor albums on display because they're so damn beautiful.

sumairetsu said:
How's this for a kick in the head? I'm ripping my Borknagar collection to Mp3 and I can't find my copy of Quintessence or the cover for Epic. :zombie:

No, Zephyrus, I'm not cursed. :Smug:
How could you loose stuff like that?

You must be terrible at keeping cds :rofl:

sumairetsu said:
I'm ripping my Borknagar collection to Mp3 and I can't find my copy of Quintessence
Oddly enough, I have exactly the same problem with Empiricism. I know I had the CD in the changer in the car at one point, but I'm buggered if I know where it went after that. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, and I think I might have to just bite the bullet and buy another copy...

Kazaum said:
How could you loose stuff like that?

You must be terrible at keeping cds :rofl:

Actually, I'm not. I think the cleaning crew has been stealing them because I'm missing several other CDs, as well.