Just rediscovered Drudkh

WNxScythe

May 16, 2004
Damn... forgot how good these guys were. Listening to eternal turn of the sunwheel off FL right now (probably favorite album, followed closely by AA).

So how's their newer stuff? I kinda don't want to check em out if it's lacking cause I don't want my good opinion of them tainted for these timeless albums.

You trippin.

Surprised seeing as how you're evidently a Primordial fan. They have similar characteristics though they play them out differently.

Just download/buy them, or something and decide for yourself. You'll only get your opinion skewed the wrong way under the weight of negative feedback.(if it happens to be negative)

AJE if you're in to long repetitive atmospheric type songs like Primordial's Hosting of the Sidhe (love it!) or And the Sun Set on Life Forever then you might REALLY like this. It's my personal favorite of Drudkh but it doesn't "click" with everyone.

Decent quality, but unfortunately it's split:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UYAMc-3nls&feature=channel[/ame]

Sounds best at night (seriously it makes a difference)

Well at least you like Primordial :).

I've got no hesitation in saying they're the best metal band period.

Blood In Our Wells is outstanding. But I think they've settled into a Graveland-esque plateau of good, but consistent-to-a-fault albums. The ideas that were really fresh on BIOW were not nearly as interesting three albums later. Still hoping for future great stuff.

Blood In Our Wells is outstanding. But I think they've settled into a Graveland-esque plateau of good, but consistent-to-a-fault albums. The ideas that were really fresh on BIOW were not nearly as interesting three albums later. Still hoping for future great stuff.

pretty much how I feel. After Blood In Our Wells, Drudkh just kind of levelled off if not went down a bit. I think they need to take a break for a few years...good god an album every year?