JustThrax era coming soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMC

Jun 1, 2008
I can't remember which thread it was on but i remember someone comparing Joey to Justin Bieber or saying something.
Well i'd have to say Justin might be a better fit after seeing this, way better than Joey trying to sing Only or Fight em. Atleast there is no opera bs and justin can hit and hold the notes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember which thread it was on but i remember someone comparing Joey to Justin Bieber or saying something.
Well i'd have to say Justin might be a better fit after seeing this, way better than Joey trying to sing Only or Fight em. Atleast there is no opera bs and justin can hit and hold the notes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oemgqr1t60A&feature=related

You claim to be this 'aggressive' 'hardcore' metal guy. Yet you honestly like the song Only? One of the pussiest Anthrax songs ever written. In fact it was the song that they used to cross them over from heavy thrash metal to alternative grunge rock. This song signified the death of Anthrax as most people knew them . I am sure Beiber could also sing you Safe Home, Black Lodge, and all the other gay shit they did during the Bush era! You have got to be kidding me. Why the fuck would Joey even want to sing such lame songs in the first place. I am sure Justin Beiber would fit those songs just perfectly

And just to clarify for you pee brains... John has a good voice, good guy. But his ERA of Anthrax sucked. It wasn't because of him, it was because the music was poorly written and was generic sounding. Even if Joey sang on Safe Home and Only they would still be lame songs. So don't be taking this into some Joey Vs. John shit

you favor JB over JB, that proofs that the blood of metal is running through your veins.

Feel free to voice your opinion and how YOU feel about these songs.
To me, they're FAR from lame. Actually, they're two of my favourite songs ever from Anthrax.

And you are allowed to like those songs. Out of all the amazing material Anthrax has done I think that is disgusting you would say those are 2 of the best they have ever done... your choice.......I personally think they are pussy ass pop/rock ballads. Just not my taste. I liked Anthrax when the were Thrash metal.

Safe Home at least has that catchy power pop chorus. Only was the demise of Anthrax as we knew them. Either way not my thing

Toast To The Extras, Strap It On, Nothing, Refuse To Be Denied, P & V, Stealing From A Thief,.........:lol:

lol nice. I don't even know those songs by name. I just know when they come on I get extreme anxiety if I can't find the skip button!

I honestly just listened to WCFYA today for the heck of it. There are some decent riffs here and there, but over all another power groove failure. The only parts I like are the opening of What Doesn't Die and the blast beats in Black Dahlia. Not quite sure how anyone can say that is a great record.... but yes people have opinions...thank god +)

I liked Anthrax when the were Thrash metal.

So did (and still do) I.

But even if I didn't, I wouldn't be spending all day spamming this board with posts bashing an era and trying to drown every other member's opinion about Bush / the Bush era on sight.

Cool down, dude ... It takes one glimpse at this board to realize what your opinion is.
The way you push it on everybody only has the effect that it puts people off. And in my case, I didn't feel like participating much anymore (not that I've been here all that long), since every thread seems to turn into the same ol' arguments.

Well, this won't change anything, but I just felt like saying.

Peace & out

I honestly just listened to WCFYA today for the heck of it. There are some decent riffs here and there, but over all another power groove failure. The only parts I like are the opening of What Doesn't Die and the blast beats in Black Dahlia. Not quite sure how anyone can say that is a great record.... but yes people have opinions...thank god +)

Good music is good music, no matter what sub-genre it is. That's how I can say it's a good record. Your definition of good music usually seems to go Thrash metal= good, everything else = bad.

i like all kinds of music, not only Thrash, not only Metal in general, i like Reggae, Hip Hop, Rock, Disco and i don't think that much good music can be found on WCFYA, "What Doesn't Die", "Any Place But Here" & "Black Dahlia" are pretty cool, Caddilac Rock Box & Safe Home are ok but what about the rest? Superhero:lol:,Refuse To Be Denied:lol:, Nobody Knows Anything:lol:, Taking The Music Back:lol:, Think About An End:lol:, W.C.F.Y.A.:lol: and i don't even wanna think that "Strap It On" & "Crash" are from the same band that created AMONG THE LIVING.

i like all kinds of music, not only Thrash, not only Metal in general, i like Reggae, Hip Hop, Rock, Disco and i don't think that much good music can be found on WCFYA, "What Doesn't Die", "Any Place But Here" & "Black Dahlia" are pretty cool, Caddilac Rock Box & Safe Home are ok but what about the rest? Superhero:lol:,Refuse To Be Denied:lol:, Nobody Knows Anything:lol:, Taking The Music Back:lol:, Think About An End:lol:, W.C.F.Y.A.:lol: and i don't even wanna think that "Strap It On" & "Crash" are from the same band that created AMONG THE LIVING.

Strap it On is awfull, but the rest of WCFYA is superb, in my opinion!

And the digipack version is the coolest cover they have ever had.:wave:

"Crash" is made by the same band that did the song "13". Go figure.

And Only sure is a "pop/rock ballad". It's really similar to "Wanted Dead Or Alive"! :lol:

ATL is pig shit soaked in Shrek's piss... seriously. STD, SOE and POT all use it as a friday night analfest when they've got nothing better to do with their time.

Seriously though, I do think ALT is a bag of wank. Probably about the only person who does, but that's OK.

And just to clarify for you pee brains... John has a good voice, good guy. But his ERA of Anthrax sucked. It wasn't because of him, it was because the music was poorly written and was generic sounding. Even if Joey sang on Safe Home and Only they would still be lame songs. So don't be taking this into some Joey Vs. John shit

And I would just like to clarify, while I'm a fan of all era's, and really do like most of the Bush material, some of my all time favourites have him singing, I actually agree that PERSONALLY I think Only and Safe Home aren't terribly interesting songs. I think Only is reasonable, Safe Home is pretty dull. BUT there is no denying these songs are much loved crowd favourites. I saw Anthrax with Bush earlier this year at Soundwave in Sydney and people were loving both of them, the fact they've brought Only back with Joey should be proof that people want to hear it.
At that point Anthrax hadn't played here since the reunion, and since the start of '04 with Bush on vocals so it was always going to be a stock standard setlist (I wouldnt of minded Got The Time and Antisocial getting ditched too) but like I said, there's no point going on about how this song sucks or that songs sucks all the time because there's no denying people love these songs.
That said, that is pretty the nature of this forum these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.