katatonia collection

K-tonic said:
Well, that dickhead would be me... ;)
Anyway, here´s my collection. Unlike you Reece I haven´t spent that much money on my collection (except for the shirts...) cos´ I´ve been listening to Katatonia since the J.E.M days

Ive been listening to katatonia since BMD came out.....I just happened to have a huge heroin habit that took my money......so while I do respect your collection I dont think your special or nothin......

picked these up today
Katatonia - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Carpathian Forest - Morbid Fascination of Death
Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter:headbang:

..now to get Tonight's Decision

My collection is as follows:

Albums:
Dance of December Souls - CM
Brave Murder Day - Avantgarde
Brave Murder Day - CM
Discouraged Ones - Avantgarde
Discouraged Ones - CM
Last Fair Deal Gone Down - Peaceville (on the way)
Viva Emptiness - Peaceville
Brave Yester Days *digi - Peaceville
The Black Sessions - Peaceville
The Great Cold Distance - Peaceville

Singles/Ep's

For Funerals To Come - Avantgarde
Sounds of Decay - Avantgarde
Teargas - Peaceville (on its way)
Tonight's Music - Peaceville
My Twin - Peaceville
Deliberation - Peaceville

Shirts:
Brave Murder Day
The Great Cold Distance

As of today, this is what I have:
818963041_l.jpg

K-tonic said:
Well, that dickhead would be me... ;)
Anyway, here´s my collection. Unlike you Reece I haven´t spent that much money on my collection (except for the shirts...) cos´ I´ve been listening to Katatonia since the J.E.M days and most of my stuff I have bought straight from stores and distros. For example, I paid for Saw You Drown mcd about $7 when it was released and Moonbride shirt was something like $14 when I bought it about 12 years ago.

Great collection, the best I've seen and the best part is, that it's not been built by a shitload of money.

M.Lehto said:
Great collection, the best I've seen and the best part is, that it's not been built by a shitload of money.

I know this is off topic, but October Falls is some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard. I admire your work very much. Can't wait til the next album!

Fuck you all, guys! I'm fucking angry right now, I am Katatonia fan since Brave Murder Day and I have only the Viva Emptiness CD. Argh! Life is not fair... But I have an excuse, living in post-soviet country is not that good, you know. I feel lucky I have VE CD, because Kata is ultra-rare in Ukraine. When I ask it in stores, that bastard store-guys look at me like I'm kind a freak! I know only four guys in my town that know what is Katatonia, and it is actually my bride, my best friend and my band-members... And they fucking discovered Kata thanks to me. Argh! I'm bored...

Hey, what is the fucking deal with Ghost of the Sun single... Is it official? I don't get it... The tracklist is: Ghost of the Sun, Criminals, Evidence, where is the fucking b-sides? It's a fake, men, I tell you! It's a fucking fake!

In Israel it's pretty much the same...there are about 3-4 stores in all the country where you can find Kata stuff.
the most accessible is the Metal shop in Tel Aviv...I even saw a VE double vinyl there...mmm to buy or not to buy?

Fahrenheit said:
Hey, what is the fucking deal with Ghost of the Sun single... Is it official? I don't get it... The tracklist is: Ghost of the Sun, Criminals, Evidence, where is the fucking b-sides? It's a fake, men, I tell you! It's a fucking fake!

The Ghost of the Sun single is as official as it gets.
during the viva session besides the songs on the album there were only 2 other songs recorded
1. "wait outside" found on the balck sessions
the other song went to "the great cold distance" I don't know which one, perhaps it's one of the b-sides on the singles too.

so as you see there wasn't anything else recorded during that session so to promote the album Katat put up a single from 3 songs that are on the album.
it's also the reason there wasn't a second single released for VE

Also this Ghost Of The Sun single was released before VE came out, so that kinda proves its relevance at the time of its release. Funny it's so rare now and people pay loads of money for it when the contained material is all available on the regular album.

But the Ghost if the Sun single is dated 2003. So why didn't they fucking add Wait Outside to the set? It's weird... And the songs in the single ain't even a single edit. And there is no fucking video to the Ghost of the Sun. What is the cover and art, by the way?
By the way, the song that was missed after VE session is Consternation, sound like Wealth, doesn't it? In my opinion, Deliberation, Consternation and Follower all sound like Viva Empriness. I clearly see that they were composed during the VE session.

And does Katatonia support that release? I couldn't find it in the EP's section of the site... Really fucking strange, I say.