katatonia collection

LifeDepraved said:
I don't see what the obsession is with getting things signed? I mean I can see getting your favorite album or a shirt auto'd, but everything?! I believe it's just ruining the cover art to tell you the truth. Get a pic with the guys or have a drink with them...I'd rather do that anyway.
It's obvious, dude! Having an orginal signature of Katatonia gives you unlimited power! You know, signing contracts, pay-checks... We are all for that! Soon I will sign with Blakkheim's signature contract that will make me the ruler of the whole world! Bu-ha-ha-ha! Bha-ha-ha! Bha-ha-ha!

LifeDepraved said:
I don't see what the obsession is with getting things signed? I mean I can see getting your favorite album or a shirt auto'd, but everything?! I believe it's just ruining the cover art to tell you the truth. Get a pic with the guys or have a drink with them...I'd rather do that anyway.

it just makes things more rare....and Im into rarity....I think I am the only one to have October Tide "Rain Without End" signed by both bandmembers and by the coverartist as well as have the original band press release......also signed......So for me it just makes the items more personal and rare.....its not like I get out my shirts and vinyls ever.....they are all in a shrine.......where they are safe....

thank you deliverance you answered my reply to perfection..however it is my collection and hopefully i will get my albums signed b/c i love this band

I think it's pretty cool to get things signed in person, face to face with the artist, but it's not that I drag out all my CD-booklets to concerts hoping te get them signed all the time. Also buying something signed on ebay for instance has less value, though I did buy a Death "Human" LP signed by Chuck last year, that's pretty awesome I think.

Also I have 2 copies of the Blackfield LP signed by Steven Wilson, I bought them from Michael Piper, the guy who does most Porcupine Tree and related vinyls and he told me he would meet SW the day after I ordered my LP's, so I asked if he could get SW to sign them, which to my pleasant surprise he did! :)

MadTinus said:
I think it's pretty cool to get things signed in person, face to face with the artist, but it's not that I drag out all my CD-booklets to concerts hoping te get them signed all the time. Also buying something signed on ebay for instance has less value, though I did buy a Death "Human" LP signed by Chuck last year, that's pretty awesome I think.

Also I have 2 copies of the Blackfield LP signed by Steven Wilson, I bought them from Michael Piper, the guy who does most Porcupine Tree and related vinyls and he told me he would meet SW the day after I ordered my LP's, so I asked if he could get SW to sign them, which to my pleasant surprise he did! :)

something signed by a person who's no longer alive is priceless...it's not like anyone can meet chuck and get him to sign anything unless you know a spell to resurrect the dead.

I met both Wilson and Geffen(not together) a couple of months ago...spoke to Wilson for a few minutes...too bad I didn't have anything to sign at that moment.anyway I'll make sure Wilson signs my future copy of Blackfield 2 which they are working on for the past year(there's a new PT coming up too)
Didn't even know there's a Blackfield LP.

paradoxile said:
something signed by a person who's no longer alive is priceless...it's not like anyone can meet chuck and get him to sign anything unless you know a spell to resurrect the dead.

I met both Wilson and Geffen(not together) a couple of months ago...spoke to Wilson for a few minutes...too bad I didn't have anything to sign at that moment.anyway I'll make sure Wilson signs my future copy of Blackfield 2 which they are working on for the past year(there's a new PT coming up too)
Didn't even know there's a Blackfield LP.
Blackfield 2 is already done, you can download a new song from their MySpace, see either the PT or Blackfield site for that.

You can still buy the Blackfield LP new from AceOfDiscs: http://cgi.ebay.com/porcupine-tree-BLACKFIELD-VINYL-W-POSTER-AND-BONUS_W0QQitemZ100501285700QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Well. My Katatonia collection is small and so on..

Saw You Drown (lp 0758/1000)
Sounds Of Decay
Dance Of December Souls
For Funerals To Come
Brave Murder Day (cd & lp 295/444)
Discouraged Ones (cd & lp)
Tonight's Decicion
Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Teargas
Tonight's music
Viva Emptiness
Brave Yester Days
The Black Sessions
Deliberation
My Twin
The Great Cold Distance (cd & lp 780/2000)

+ shirts and so on
Viva Emptiness / Angel/We Die We All TS
TGCD / Deliberation(wings) TS
+posters,patch..etc.

Still waiting for my TGCD vinyl (I pre-ordered in late April FFS!!)... I emailed Snapper and they said I should have had it by now and they will send it again and I should let them know when I get the first copy.. :erk:

Someone's stealing my packages that are coming from the UK, this is already the 4th time in 3 months!! From any other destination it's no problem, just stuff coming from the UK.. Miraculously I did get my Deliberation single.