katatonia collection

pretty mutch rare i assume.. but i would like to know numbers.. yea.. how mutch of them were pressed ? anyone got an idea of that ?

i would like number of pressing for my JEM vinyl too.. i only know numbers for miniCD version and demo tapes..

ah.. what about discouraged ones numbers? .. the only number i know is brave murder day's, saw you drown and great cold distance..

I used to have a list o all releases, with labels, differences, amounts pressed etc etc,
But I think it must have been lost when i formated my computer, 'cus i cant find it...

Hobo said:
vinyl.jpg
Your TGCD vinyl looks damaged in the lower right corner, shame! And price tags on CD's (let alone records!!), arrggh, can't stand that! Off they must go!!
paradoxile said:
how rare is the "for funerals..." picture disc you framed there Hobo?
I didn't even know they were pressed
BMD was pressed on violet vinyl, black vinyl and picture disc by Northern Silence Productions (run by our friend norgash here on the forum), the picture disc is limited to 444 copies, the violet vinyl to 333 copies and I don't know about the black one (don't have it..). All versions are still available from NSP I believe, he's still listing them on ebay, correct me if I'm wrong.

It would be really nice if info like this would be listed in the disco-section on the Kata-site, it's a shame so many bands don't do that, it's really the kind of info you wanna see on a band's official site (at least I do..).

MadTinus said:
...price tags on CD's (let alone records!!), arrggh, can't stand that! Off they must go!!...
Agreed.

[in reference to release quantities, etc...] It would be really nice if info like this would be listed in the disco-section on the Kata-site, it's a shame so many bands don't do that, it's really the kind of info you wanna see on a band's official site (at least I do..).
And agreed.

MadTinus said:
Your TGCD vinyl looks damaged in the lower right corner, shame! And price tags on CD's (let alone records!!), arrggh, can't stand that! Off they must go!!
BMD was pressed on violet vinyl, black vinyl and picture disc by Northern Silence Productions (run by our friend norgash here on the forum), the picture disc is limited to 444 copies, the violet vinyl to 333 copies and I don't know about the black one (don't have it..). All versions are still available from NSP I believe, he's still listing them on ebay, correct me if I'm wrong.

It would be really nice if info like this would be listed in the disco-section on the Kata-site, it's a shame so many bands don't do that, it's really the kind of info you wanna see on a band's official site (at least I do..).

yeah this is good information.
help me get together all the ltd edition numbers for each release and we'll put it up.

By the way guys, you should never leave the shrink wrapping on vinyls. Some companies use shrink wrapping that just keeps on shrinking. Thus if you are unlucky you may end up with a warped record after some time.

I've seen one case like this in my life. I ordered Zyklon's Aeon LP, and the wrapping was so tightly around the covers it had warped the LP when it got to me. Back then I didn't know what caused this, but I got the information above from a Finnish owner of a black metal distro, who obviously has seen quite a lot of vinyls during his life.

Blakkheim said:
yeah this is good information.
help me get together all the ltd edition numbers for each release and we'll put it up.
Cool, I'll email Hammerheart/Karmageddon Media about the Jhva Elohim Meth vinyl. I'll also email Avantgarde about DO and FFTC.

I got the info of the BMD vinyl from the NSP website:

Black vinyl gatefold: 444 handumbered copies (1st 144 with poster)
Purple vinyl gatefold: 333 handnumbered copies (all with poster)
Picture disc gatefold: 444 handnumbered copies (1st 144 with poster)

Anders, maybe you personally know how many copies were pressed of the Dance Of December Souls Brazilian LP? As far as I know and heard it's 500.

MadTinus said:
Cool, I'll email Hammerheart/Karmageddon Media about the Jhva Elohim Meth vinyl. I'll also email Avantgarde about DO and FFTC.

I got the info of the BMD vinyl from the NSP website:

Black vinyl gatefold: 444 handumbered copies (1st 144 with poster)
Purple vinyl gatefold: 333 handnumbered copies (all with poster)
Picture disc gatefold: 444 handnumbered copies (1st 144 with poster)

Anders, maybe you personally know how many copies were pressed of the Dance Of December Souls Brazilian LP? As far as I know and heard it's 500.

well it hasnt been confirmed by hellion, but 500 copies is what i have in my info as well.

MadTinus said:

It is the shrinkwrap that is damaged, not the cover itself (btw, i did not know about that destroys records thing.. must take it off then..)
however, the inlay on my VE record was damaged at delivery.. curse the bloody post office for ignoring the "handle with care" signs..
And the pricetags are not on the covers but on the plastic case thing around the albums.. ergo, the records are not damaged :)

Hobo said:
And the pricetags are not on the covers but on the plastic case thing around the albums.. ergo, the records are not damaged :)
Does that go for the Sounds Of Decay digi as well?

@ Hevimees, thanks for the tip, I usually always take the shrinkwrap off, but I left it on my TGCD 0001/2000 (for no particular reason actually), but I took it off now.

Hevimees said:
By the way guys, you should never leave the shrink wrapping on vinyls. Some companies use shrink wrapping that just keeps on shrinking. Thus if you are unlucky you may end up with a warped record after some time.

I've seen one case like this in my life. I ordered Zyklon's Aeon LP, and the wrapping was so tightly around the covers it had warped the LP when it got to me. Back then I didn't know what caused this, but I got the information above from a Finnish owner of a black metal distro, who obviously has seen quite a lot of vinyls during his life.

well i got both my Serenades and Jhva Elohim Meth LP's on plastics .. they're not sealed from factory.. but got those plastic sleeves.. so must quite using them too ?

FatefuL said:
well i got both my Serenades and Jhva Elohim Meth LP's on plastics .. they're not sealed from factory.. but got those plastic sleeves.. so must quite using them too ?

You can keep on using those, they are quite safe to use :)

As I said, the original shrink wrapping that they put on some records at the factory may be the kind that just keeps on shrinking. The type of wrapping used varies, so this doesn't always happen.

So if you are planning on keeping a newly bought sealed record for a long time, you should take the wrapping off since it may be the kind that just keeps on shrinking.