katatonia collection

Scourge of Malice said:
I thought the numbers were on the cover, not the plastic?
Yes they are (on the cover), what made you think they weren't? I meant to say I kept my 0001/2000 copy of the TGCD vinyl sealed for no particular reason and now, after Hevimees 'warning', I took the sealwrap off.. the sticker with the number is of course still there, I wouldn't dare to touch it! :)
Hobo said:
Nope, that would be the 'lazynes' part (i rarely bother to remove them from cd´s.. dunno why..)
Arrgghhh! Desecrationnnn!!!!12345666!!&#$

;)

MadTinus said:
Yes they are (on the cover), what made you think they weren't? I meant to say I kept my 0001/2000 copy of the TGCD vinyl sealed for no particular reason and now, after Hevimees 'warning', I took the sealwrap off.. the sticker with the number is of course still there, I wouldn't dare to touch it! :)
Arrgghhh! Desecrationnnn!!!!12345666!!&#$

;)

Ooooh sorry I misread your post :)

FatefuL said:
i just wanted my vinyls to arrive..... i had serious troubble on getting Jhva Elohim Meth .. had to go there on mail agency and pay extra fees (importation taxes) to get it.. that REALLY sucked!.. and one week before ordering Jhva Elohim Meth LP i went on relapse site and ordered Saw You Drown and Viva Emptiness vinyls.. but still no sign of them.. by 8th august .. they delayed to ship it in one week.. 15th august.. so it has been 25 days now since item was shipped.. and still got no sign of it.

:(

finally got a note today that items are held on customs.. fuckers ! stealing more from my money !.. that drives me pretty mad. i'll have to pay 60% of total amount to retrieve both items.. i have never had problems with cds.. but now with vinils.. the thingz gets complicated. its a shame.. maybe i won't be able to complete my kata collection then.... i need some job for that anywayz.. :<

FatefuL said:
finally got a note today that items are held on customs.. fuckers ! stealing more from my money !.. that drives me pretty mad. i'll have to pay 60% of total amount to retrieve both items.. i have never had problems with cds.. but now with vinils.. the thingz gets complicated. its a shame.. maybe i won't be able to complete my kata collection then.... i need some job for that anywayz.. :<
That's sucky man, 60%, damn..

BTW, still funny that "Saw You Drown" is pretty much THE ultimate Kata-rarity and raises crazy amounts of money on ebay, when for instance this Jhva Elohim Meth vinyl is more limited but will not cost you near as much as a copy of SYD..

It really seems that sometimes a hype is created around an item, like SYD for instance when other, more rare items are still available for reasonable prices. The same with Porcupine Tree's "Recordings" album for example, that album is limited (and numbered) to 20.000 copies, some bands don't even sell that many albums altogether! But this album raises pretty crazy amounts on ebay, $/&#8364;100 is no exception.. Weird..

I just got what is apparently a BMD promo... The weird/funny/sucky thing about it is the booklet, it's a sort of an envelope containing loose pages with the lyrics which look like they'd been xeroxed :err: But hey, at least finally I have a BMD cd (only had an mcd) and I got it for a pittance :)

MadTinus said:
BTW, still funny that "Saw You Drown" is pretty much THE ultimate Kata-rarity and raises crazy amounts of money on ebay, when for instance this Jhva Elohim Meth vinyl is more limited but will not cost you near as much as a copy of SYD..

I'd say the main reason for this is that SYD is a CD. There are a lot more people who listen and collect CDs than people who listen/collect vinyls.

Hevimees said:
I'd say the main reason for this is that SYD is a CD. There are a lot more people who listen and collect CDs than people who listen/collect vinyls.
Well, I mostly meant the point in general, that for some strange reason some items are much more desired by fans than others, when some other items are more rare and harder to come by..

MadTinus said:
That's sucky man, 60%, damn..

It really seems that sometimes a hype is created around an item, like SYD for instance when other, more rare items are still available for reasonable prices. The same with Porcupine Tree's "Recordings" album for example, that album is limited (and numbered) to 20.000 copies, some bands don't even sell that many albums altogether! But this album raises pretty crazy amounts on ebay, $/€100 is no exception.. Weird..

Haha, "limited" to 20,000 copites? Doesn't seem very limited to me! That is weird.

20,000 copies isn't very limited for more smalltime bands...
Porcupine tree has many albums and had big success.(big is relative I know but big comparing even to Novembers Doom and Opeth for instance)...so now that you think of it...for a local circle 20,000 is a lot but when thinking globaly 20,000 isn't that many.
it all depends on th bands success(ie number of fans worldwide)

so here it is....the moment you all havnt been waiting for....lol......I didnt take pics of any shirts past the old style......and a few posters I didnt want to get out....

newer028.jpg

actually 3 BMD lps.....one of each colored release....all #11...
newer024.jpg

newer029.jpg

newer034.jpg

newer032.jpg

newer031.jpg

newer026.jpg

newer035.jpg

now you can drool....lol

Reactions: Cis