katatonia collection

The Scourge said:
I collect Transformers, you know, the toys from the '80's. Aside from Katatonia, and the rest of my cd collection(which now currently holds 616 albums according to my shitty Access program), Transformers are my passion. I have somewhere around 250+ toys and it is always growing. Since I am getting older, and weight seems to be the only thing that I am not losing, I figure this a chance to reclaim some childhood. And come on, who couldn't agree that Optimus Prime and Megatron were two of the history's greatest nemeses, at least fictionally anyways.
Wow, I think I still have plenty of transformers somewhere in my attic....maybe you can be interested, my mother wanted to throw away everything but I think that the transformers are still in a box forgotten somewhere in my attic...

as for Katatonia, i also have that compilation" In Decay we trust", bought it second hand for 8€ two years ago.

I dont think Ive ever collected anything before, its fun yaknow...like.....stepping on baby birds or something!(joke, i dont do that anymore). Everyone I know thinks Im a dumbass for spending as much as I do on Katatonia. Im not sure they can understand the sentiments involved in the music for me. Kind of like you( I assume) with the transformers with reclaiming some childhood for yourself, its like christmas for me everytime I get something in the mail probably like it is for you when you get a transformer youve never had before. All I know is that I am proud of my collection, it is something I love to do and I cherish all my shit. Between the collection and my computer, a few guitars and my cd collection I am happy with what I own.
Obsessed? Maybe, but who cares!

ether said:
Wow, I think I still have plenty of transformers somewhere in my attic....maybe you can be interested, my mother wanted to throw away everything but I think that the transformers are still in a box forgotten somewhere in my attic...
You must email me immediately. The salvation of your soul and the safety and longevity of the world depend on it.

:)

Deliverance6 said:
I dont think Ive ever collected anything before, its fun yaknow...like.....stepping on baby birds or something!(joke, i dont do that anymore). Everyone I know thinks Im a dumbass for spending as much as I do on Katatonia. Im not sure they can understand the sentiments involved in the music for me. Kind of like you( I assume) with the transformers with reclaiming some childhood for yourself, its like christmas for me everytime I get something in the mail probably like it is for you when you get a transformer youve never had before. All I know is that I am proud of my collection, it is something I love to do and I cherish all my shit. Between the collection and my computer, a few guitars and my cd collection I am happy with what I own.
Obsessed? Maybe, but who cares!
Absolutely man. Every time I buy a new Transformer, it is indeed like Christmas, minus the egg nog and uncomfortable family gatherings. And I disagree with the world obsession as a simple conclusion to our personal quests. I think a better word would be passion, and I don't mean the lovemaking variety. Well maybe.....those Dinobots are kind of sexy after a few bottles of Guiness. :Spin:

The Scourge said:
Absolutely man. Every time I buy a new Transformer, it is indeed like Christmas, minus the egg nog and uncomfortable family gatherings. And I disagree with the world obsession as a simple conclusion to our personal quests. I think a better word would be passion, and I don't mean the lovemaking variety. Well maybe.....those Dinobots are kind of sexy after a few bottles of Guiness. :Spin:

Right on bro!!!!Agreed..
So this weekend my DODS lp (500 made) showed up....I almost had sex with it, but at the last minute decided to have sex with my girlfriend instead!(LOL)
I also just won another comp. from Anders on ebay, as well as the Viva poster. YAY FOR ME....

BMD promo bought online today.
I try to get at least 2 things a week in the mail so I can get happy after work sometimes. Once in awhile Ill get more than one in one day and I just shit myself and roll around like a pig or something. Thats how I remind myself of my childhood SCOURGE. Its not as cool as transformers but hey, ya got to stay young somehow right?

Hehehe, shit, who said that Katatonia were not as cool as Transformers? Hey, they are almost there; perhaps the next album will be a contender for ultimate coolness vs. the king of cool, Optimus Prime. But seriously, I too had a good day today. I just picked up Sixshot online for only $25!!!!!!!! That's about as awesome as having sex with Mariah Carey, only you don't have to get a blood test for STD's the next day :)

The Scourge said:
Hehehe, shit, who said that Katatonia were not as cool as Transformers? Hey, they are almost there; perhaps the next album will be a contender for ultimate coolness vs. the king of cool, Optimus Prime. But seriously, I too had a good day today. I just picked up Sixshot online for only $25!!!!!!!! That's about as awesome as having sex with Mariah Carey, only you don't have to get a blood test for STD's the next day :)

I meant that rolling in shit isnt as cool as transformers. My opinion is the order of coolness is as follows:
1. Katatonia
2. Transformers
3. Rolling in your own feces.

Rolling in your own feces isnt that close to being as cool as transformers, but I think it is a relevant thing to have on the scale of coolness. :wave:

Ive bought alot since I last posted on this thread but perhaps the most relevant one arrived today in the mail. Bloodbath- Breeding Death promo cd.
Maybe when I actually start to recieve all the shit Ive ordered I shall post again.

Also I bought a transparent shirt today on ebay. Its only the second time I have seen one so I feel lucky to have seen it early and "bought it now".

Is anyone else buying anything new?

Deliverance6 said:
JESUS, sometimes I feel stupid. I was talking to Anders about my collection a bit (by e-mail of course) and as it ended up I sent him an email containing all of my collection. To my suprise and shame he sent back an email with a list of EVERYTHING they have ever done. Its f-in HUGE.
Could you please post this list, so we can all see what we're gonna have to look out for?

Dance Of December Souls
Brave Murder Day
Discouraged Ones
Tonights Desicion
Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Looking for:
For Funerals To Come
Saw You Drown

Viva emptiness
Viva emptiness promo (cardboard cover)
Last fair deal gone down
Tonight's decision
Dance of december souls
Brave muder day
Discouraged ones
Brave yester days
Tonight's music
Teargas
Brave Murder Day pic. vinyl 24/444 and purple vinyl 24/333
For funerals to come
Stickers, picks, posters and uh... a pin :)
Live in Paris (bootleg)
and 4 shirts.. stupid thread ;)

if anyone got SYD for sale gimme a PM...

Puss //otto

nameless said:
Looking for:
For Funerals To Come
I have a spare copy of the very rare b/w version of FFTC (less than a 100 made..):

a5_1_b.jpg

Need GOOD offer, want to trade for FFTC picture disc or Primordial split, good money offer acceptable too.

Just added two things to my collection...BMD purple vinyl #35/333, and even more exciting, got my hands on a copy of the original Jhva Elohim Meth blue vinyl! I believe this is one of 500 made, correct? Best of all, it was found at a local store specializing in Metal (of course), and was being sold for $30! Needless to say, I snatched it up without thinking twice. Sometimes ya get lucky, I suppose...:headbang: