Kickass Series

MiniMoose

Apr 22, 2008
I know most here love good series, so why not share what you're currently watching and entertaining yourself with? Doesn't matter what it is really, as long at it's a series. Comedy, thriller, action..whatever..it's all good.
I'm a real whore when it comes to series...so here I go:

Just because I came late into this series I guess I must mention that DEXTER is a rather good series I would recommend to anyone who likes to see a serial killer take on other serial killers.

Truly a serie which pushes boundaries and... well, you often find yourself thinking..."this is completely absurd...but I love it.." and "why am I applauding this guy?..he's a friggin serial killer!" I guess it goes to show just how inhuman humans are..inhuman..haha, such a stupid word. Most of the time when we say someone have done an inhuman act, it's more the oppocite. Inhuman is human...it's Inn the human...right? Well, anyhoo..

Little taste:

Little taste2: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efq6JQ0tqgU&feature=related[/ame]

Intro:

I didn't think this series would deliver the goods, but it did for my part. This series is bound to be taken off the air some day in a not very distant future though...cause some idiot teenager is going to "get inspired" by this series and do something stupid. I'm just counting the days..

I know it's a bit typical to start out with a series like this on THIS forum, but what the hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooked on this show. The first episode of season 3 leaked about 2 weeks ago. It's a great opener to the new season!

hmm this looks interesting....this is the same guy from the other series on HBO "six feet under" which was just awsome. i will check out the first season of dexter sometime. he must like playing such strange roles

My girlfriend loves Dexter but I've only seen one episode. Now that a fellow Kata fan likes them maybe I'll check some more out. :lol:

Hooked on this show. The first episode of season 3 leaked about 2 weeks ago. It's a great opener to the new season!

hell yes it did, and it was indeed a great opening to another great season of a fantastic show.

another show EVERYBODY should watch is also on shotime, its called californication, check it out, you wont be dissapointed.

i am also watching dexter.
Just started, annd have seen the first 4 pisodes so far, and it is really good.
Other than that i am a total series addict.. i watch a whole bunch of them on my way to and from work
(1 hour each way by train/bus each day makes two episodes/day :))
Currently i watch Dexter, Eureka, Terminator, Heroes..
and waiting for the new seasons of Dr Who, torchwood and Lost..
And i am always looking for more shows to watch :)

I just like getting hooked into some series. I guess my all time favourite is Oz, the prison show. The characters and actors are just so god damn awesome in it and it's so nice to follow how some characters evolve during the seasons. But I just have to say but the ending of the sixth (final) season is just so stupid.

I'm also a very big fan of House and Dexter. Dexter has lately gotten into me a bit more, first I didnt Dexter that much but when I got "in" to the serie I started like it very much and its just so hooking and I love it :p. Also House I didnt like at the start when I watched it from tv, but then I bought the first season from sale and gee... what a freaking great show it is. Dr. House's sarcastic jokes and his expressions are just so awesome, also the actor, Hugh Laurie, just plays so fucking great role and he is one of my favourite actor just because of that. I must recommend these 2 series to anyone who likes to watch TV at all!

Six feet under is what it's all about! common it's a series about funerals and a funeral home and guys dressed in black all the time..what could be better! no but seriously you guys should check it out especially the first few seasons are awsome :worship:

dexter was/is for me one of the best tv series i've ever come across.
i watched season 1 & 2 marathon-stylee and it left a big hole when there was no more... until now... season 3 here we go!

I am addicted to many series like House, The 4400, Heroes, Kyle xy, Prison Break, Sex and the city, How I met your mother, Lost, Californication... but not Dexter, never watched it. I will since many ppl here recomend it.
I also love old ones like The x files, and very old ones like Perfect Strangers, Fullhouse etc. I like series better than movies because a movie takes a bit more than 1hour, but series last weeks (or days if you watch them in blakkheims marathon-style).

I just order first season of Terminator - Sarah Connor Chronicles but haven't received it yet. But anyways my hopes are high for that series.

New Battlestar Galactica is awesome. That's probably the best scifi series there is together with Babylon 5.

Best comedy comes from UK. Coupling is easily the funniest series ever. It's like Friends but with even wackier characters and most jokes are related to sex. But there's also lots of other great comedy series from UK, like Little Britain, Two Pints of Lager, Fast Show and so on.

Classic Twin Peaks is just brilliant. Especially the first season.

definetly agree with the last two posts.
brittish series are generally really good (esp. chanel 4 series for some reason.. i realy like ch.4)

and Battlestar Galactica is awesome.. too bad it has ended.
If you like BG you will probably also like Firefly.
It´s a western series in outer space.
and it´s awesome.
And Summer Glau is in it, which makes it worth seeing only for that :)

I know most here love good series, so why not share what you're currently watching and entertaining yourself with? Doesn't matter what it is really, as long at it's a series. Comedy, thriller, action..whatever..it's all good.
I'm a real whore when it comes to series...so here I go:

Just because I came late into this series I guess I must mention that DEXTER is a rather good series I would recommend to anyone who likes to see a serial killer take on other serial killers.

Truly a serie which pushes boundaries and... well, you often find yourself thinking..."this is completely absurd...but I love it.." and "why am I applauding this guy?..he's a friggin serial killer!" I guess it goes to show just how inhuman humans are..inhuman..haha, such a stupid word. Most of the time when we say someone have done an inhuman act, it's more the oppocite. Inhuman is human...it's Inn the human...right? Well, anyhoo..

I didn't think this series would deliver the goods, but it did for my part. This series is bound to be taken off the air some day in a not very distant future though...cause some idiot teenager is going to "get inspired" by this series and do something stupid. I'm just counting the days..

I know it's a bit typical to start out with a series like this on THIS forum, but what the hell.

The issue with the word "inhuman" has been bothering me for a while now too...was strange to see someone else with the same opinion.
I've heard a little about Dexter before but now I'm really interested, I'm gonna watch some episodes.

The issue with the word "inhuman" has been bothering me for a while now too...was strange to see someone else with the same opinion.
I've heard a little about Dexter before but now I'm really interested, I'm gonna watch some episodes.

I'm glad you've thought about it too. Major odd..It's like an collective way of not taking responsibility of what we humans are. Really weird.

Have fun with Dexter!

Btw; it's not a hard series to guess what is going to happen, but it's just very interesting no matter what happens. I guessed all the major plot turns (something I usually don't do anymore, because a lot of series aren't as easy to guess as they used to be in the 80ties), but it really didn't matter. It was just still very good.