Kickass Series

Red Dwarf is great as well.

British comedy reigns supreme.

Spaced is the best british comedy in the last 10 years for my part. Red Dwarf is always good, Blackadder (where hugh Laurie also was great) is probably the best comedy ever made.

Recently I found out about a british series which only went for one season. I loved it none the less, it's called DARKPLACE and yes, I must show you:

The last 7 or 8 years of british comedy has been a real downer for my part. Sure, there are some lights here and there, but dear god there's been an inflation. Nobody has picked up the torch after Spaced...sadly.
They've made some movies though, the same guys that's behind Spaced, namely Shaun Of The Dead and Hot Fuzz.

IT-Crowd is good indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
dexter
how i met your mother
chuck
the office(ive only seen the american version)
californication(up there with dexter as the best stuff ever)
lost

im in the process of downloading six feet under(outside of this thread i have a friend and she does nothing but rave about it) and nip tuck(a few friends, one of which actually recommended dexter, says this is great as well)

i got tons of friends who rave their heads off about house, ive just never got around to watching it yet.

Going to agree with everyone: Dexter is amazing!

Others I watch:
How I Met Your Mother (great sitcom comedy, Neil Patrick Harris is awesome!)
Lost (watch from the beginning if you don't already, you'll be hooked and confused and it's so worth it)
Supernatural (Honestly didn't think the first 3 seasons were anything special but I just started watching the fourth on TV and I'm liking it way more. Good horror show either way though if you like that stuff. Personally I think it needs more plot but hopefully it will have more this season)

Girlie shows that I watch because my taste in things is somewhat varied and therefore confusing(don't know how many people will be into these):
Lipstick Jungle (based on the book by the same author as Sex and the City, pretty good show, not overly similar to Sex and the City, basically about 3 powerful women in New York and their lives, pretty good show if you like Sex and the City)
Gossip Girl (not much merit here, just entertaining)
One Tree Hill (teen drama, stay away if you can but I'm already hooked and therefore have to watch it)

My big all time favourites are Oz, Boston Legal and Weeds. All three have awesome characters and a lot of cynism/twisted humour which I enjoy. The latest one I skimmed through was Arrested Development.. a pretty cool comedy series.

everyone seems to be forgetting the best show on television.
now in its seventh and final season.

z010805shield.jpg

more people need to watch this show. your all missing out.

My big all time favourites are Oz, Boston Legal and Weeds. All three have awesome characters and a lot of cynism/twisted humour which I enjoy. The latest one I skimmed through was Arrested Development.. a pretty cool comedy series.

Weeds and Arrested Dev are great series.

Heard good things about Oz...Boston Legal I'm not sure if I've heard anything about..?

The Shield is also brilliant. Haven't watched it since season 3 though. Looking forward to watching it some day.

Wohoo Oz :kickass:. I have watched all the seasons couple of times through and now Im watching it for the third time or so.. I love it

i totally agree with everyone about dexter :D
i'm not for tv too but there are some series that i really appreciate, others are Lost (clearly) and Heroes :D
i hate start to see this stuff c'cuz after you became "addicted" by it!

Flight of the Conchords has to be seen btw. Haven't seen the whole first season yet, but some moments in this series are golden.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs_rXxi0zhM&feature=related[/ame]

Sadly the best I could find on youtube.

I watch alot of series. These are my favorite ones:

Family Guy - Probably the best show ever.
American Dad - Awsome get's better and better all the time.
Dexter - season 1, the rest is kind of lame.
Prison Break - season 1 were awsome the rest is just pure shit.
Avatar: The Last Airbender - I usualy dont like anime but this show is great.
The Sopranos - Awsome.
Jericho - Pretty good series.
Two and a Half Men - If you are in the mood for cheap sitcoms this show owns.
Futurama - Totaly kick "The Simpsons" ass.
Entourage - Kind of stupid show but has some awsome characters.
Rome - Totaly awsome.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpP7b2lUxVE&feature=related[/ame]

I almost have to watch everything 'till around three in the morning sometimes.
Shows like Frasier, Scrubs, Californication, That seventies show, South Park, The Simpsons, American Dad, Mad about you, Saturday Night Live, Stand up comedy, etc. etc. keep me up all night :p
I think it's fair enough to call me slightly addicted

anyone watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. has to be one of the funniest shows i have ever watched. it has Danny Devito and it just hits all the marks.