Klimt 1918

NovemberMourning said:
sheesh i didnt say i wasnt a katatonia fan, i just said that i liked klimts material better... but after downloading dopoguerra last night, i gotta agree with the earlier posts that it is a bit watered down compared to their previous stuff.... so i was wrong to make that comment without having heard all of klimts material...

as for the drums... daniel is a much better drummer than jonas hahaha and is definitely an improvement for the band... and i wouldnt compare jhva elohim to klimt at all... but i still say that most of the stuff has the same tempo... sorry.. dont want to offend anyone, just stating my opinion... and guiseppe is better than daniel and paolo haha :loco:

friends? :Spin:

NovemberMourning... we all have our opinions and preferences, nothing wrong about that!
i just wanted to point out that there's difference between fact and opinion. as long as ppl talk about their personal preferences and report them as personal opinions and not facts, for me it's completely ok. i'm a pacific girl... :D

Hey NovemberMourning, no things are not ok, i hate you and I'll kick your ass! :D Joking, I was just expressing my carefully opinion, maybe too mixed with my love for Katatonia :tickled: However I don't feel them repetitive... maybe sometimes kinda obsessive, but that's what they sometimes probably want so it's one of their skills ;)

Scarlet I saw them in Rome, 2003, with Finntroll :headbang: I got some pics of it, do you have some of Milan concert? Hey I have the whole live video of Catania show in 2004, the tracklist is quite the same of Milan concert but with some more songs... if you want it just tell me ;)
About Novembre, I saw them in April 2004, Rome, with Handful Of Hate ( :worship: ) and some other bands, I got pics of it too ;) Maybe we could open a thread with novembre-ish related pics...
I thought I had to use html language, this forum is even similar to my forum but I'm not used to post images :lol: here it is (i don't really have red eyes :lol: ):

iokatatoniadrummer.jpg

nice pic WORN, thanks for sharing! :)
daniel seems a bit drunk to me there... probably those fool finnish guys from finntroll made him drink too much the night before the gig... :D indeed i always dreamt to pass a friday night in a pub with finntroll guys... must be an awesome experience... :lol:
really you can send me the catania show? that would be awesome!! thank you!!!! :) (che razza di scioglilingua: i katatonia a catania :lol: )
how could we do it? through msn or something? i'd also like to see your pics from the rome gig!
as for my pics... well, i tried to take some shots at milan gig but all i got back then was the hairless head of the guy who was in front of me ... :D however, i was too far away from the stage to take decent pics .

it's a good idea to open a thread with novembre and n.-related pics and stuff!

I think the change in Dopoguerra's sound was due to Fabio leaving the band. For example, I think he was responsible for many of the harmonized leads on Undressed Memento, whereas Dopoguerra has more U2ish parts. Check out his new project:

http://www.myspace.com/charcoalspirits

It's kinda like Klimt 1918 minus the distorted rhythm guitars.

Uhm I listened to them but they didn't impress me that much... I do'nt feel it so close to Undressed Momento stuff... but as far as I know Fabio Brienza didn't record anything with Klimt 1918, just with the previous band Another Day...

I've just put on line the English translation of my live report of the M'Era Luna Fest.
If you wanna have a look there is also a photo with Giuseppe from Novembre and the guys from Klimt 1918. Just check the News section.

I could use a little help on this one.

Can anyone please tell me from where I can download "Rachel" ?
The song is from the new album you know. I'm in love with it, but I've listened to the song one or twice.
The new album is ... no words.
"Becouse of you tonight" is also... no words.

Don't rememeber anymore if there is someone from Austria or Hungary here, probably there isn't, but could be useful the same, for someone who just reads, you never know...

Klimt 1918

10/12/2005 Wien, Austria - live @ Monastery Club
09/12/2005 Budapest, Hungary - live @ Marco Polo Club

Both dates have been cancelled, anyway - the one in Budapest has been postponed or whatever.

Check some live pix of Klimt 1918 live @ the Dark Day Fest. in Milan on 07/12/2005 on my fansite, in the News or Pictures section; tks!

P.S. Have you seen the cover/artwork of forthcoming album of Katatonia? It reminds a lot of 'Dopoguerra', the red and black, as well as the logo and title of the album.
Never heard anything yet from the new Katatonia, neither the single... someone told me that apart the single, it's not such a good album...

Bullshits :D It's a great album, as Katatonia always did ;) Maybe not a total masterpiece like Viva Emptiness but the style is that, and their skills and ispiration still live... It just needs some listenings, as Viva Emptiness did too, to reassure they're still at the top ;) When I listen to it I sometimes have to force myself to stop it and don't repeat the playing eheh...