Krank!

viva_360 said:
REALLy? :OMG: HOLY SHIT the tone on that album was tight! No wi really have second thoughts on the EMGs Hey Which PAssive EMG's did they use?

BY THE WAY is it good to buy second-hand pickups? I am thinking of getting a pickup form Ebay but mostly everything is used there.

I'm thinking the HZ's, maybe the H3's or H4's. Could be mistaken tho so check first haha

I have the HZ 3 for my Jackson DXMG which came as stock and weren't that great. I had to get the EMG ZW to let it shine.

Hey Razorjack how are Kent Armstrongs pickups? You know any think of the Ultra Distortion?

Well.........................
Back on the subject of the Krank Revolution amp. Those samples were nice Andy. Hey Commandante That $1399.00 price was good! He said he couldn't go lower, so right there I knew I could find somewhere lower.....I did! I'm getting my brand new Krank Rev. head for $1199.00! I can't wait, I've got a Marshall JCM900 1960B cabinet just waiting for it! :headbang:

Kenny Lee said:
Well.........................
Back on the subject of the Krank Revolution amp. Those samples were nice Andy. Hey Commandante That $1399.00 price was good! He said he couldn't go lower, so right there I knew I could find somewhere lower.....I did! I'm getting my brand new Krank Rev. head for $1199.00! I can't wait, I've got a Marshall JCM900 1960B cabinet just waiting for it! :headbang:
Where did you fınd it?

I am pretty sure they are the stock ones that come with import Jacksons. I think they are called Detonator or something.

I checked the Jackson Site and all the guitars are equipt with HB103 the duncan distortion type or the HB102 the JB type. Don't see the HB108 which is the invader or detonator type. Maybe Andy has an older Jackson Guitar.

Is it wise for a in the budget lines point of view to buy Duncan Designs? They are the duplicates of the USA versions.

By the way has anyone used Kent Armstrong pickups?

Thanks

commandante said:
I am pretty sure they are the stock ones that come with import Jacksons. I think they are called Detonator or something.

No, it is not wise. They are ok to use if they come stock but when buying new buy original Duncans. Is the price difference that much?

Just FYI to anyone who cares...

I have given up on posting my Krank recording samples from the weekend where I borrowed the 2x12 combo, because they can't compare to Andy's recordings. The SM57 sounded like garbage and the AT4060 sounded too distant.

viva_360 said:
By the way has anyone used Kent Armstrong pickups?

I used Kent Armstrong pickups for two years before I bought my EMG's. They sounded amazing, the bridge pickup was very much like a Duncan JB just with a bit more bite. The neck was great for almost any clean tone, rounded the sound perfectly.

But, I did swap them out for EMG 81 + 85 as the EMG's sounded better.

Hey RazorJack which Kent Armstrong Pickups you used? For the Bridge and the neck?

Thanks!

Also by the way guys is a pickup with an alico better then a ceramic pickup? For a solid state amp to get the effect of a warmth tube amp kind of effect?

Thanks again!

an alnico is warmer is yes, but its not gonna give a you a tube amp feel by any means. i think you may notice that alnicos have a bit less clarity in the top end depending on the pickup. true solid state distortion is MUCH less transparent than tube distortion and you are gonna notice that its much harder to diffrentiate (although you definetly still can just not as much) changes in guitars and pickups. if you want tube tone buy tubes, not alnico magnets.

good luck!