Krank!

ok just some more examples of metal guys using Mesa:
Petrucci(Dream Theater)
Pepper Keenan(Down, Corrosion of Conformity)
Ted Aguilar(Death Angel)
Devin Townsend(The Band, SYL etc...)
Gary Holt(Exodus)
Eric Peterson(Testament)
Eric Forest(Voivod)

I got this all from Mesa website, so they might not be using Mesas exclusively, but they all use it a lot as far as I know. Also I don't know what real "metal" is in your definition, if Testament, Exodus, Kreator, Death Angel, Lamb of God use Mesa and "real metal" guys don't.

To be more on-topic:
matt.jpg

I saw the pics of Matt and John a little while ago. Very cool guys, I got to meet them at NAMM thanks to James.

Which brings me to another subject. Why do so many of you who post here act like you know it all? Why would you come to this forum to talk to seasoned experts like Andy and James, if you already know it all?

Seriously, some of you are starting to piss me off. I am amazed at the patience and tolerance that is being shown towards you. You are lucky that these guys are willing to impart their knowledge to you at all, especially when you show them NO respect whatsoever.

Well all I can say is I heard Mike using the Krank stuff at the London Arch Enemy show we recorded just before Christmas and I thought it sounded great, so I dropped them a line.
I tell you, I have not heard an Amp sound as tight and punchy since Gary Holts modded Marshall, this Amp crushes as Gary would say. What I really like about it, theres no nasty fizz, loads of clarity and attack and bags of volume. Nothing Nu Metal about any of this.

I'm using EMG's into this, so passives will make a difference as they do with any amp, but I amp seriously impressed.

Hey, I could shit-talk a bit... I hooked Andimus up with this forum when Mark used to run UM =P. So like... yeah, Im an internet celebrity... I just annoy Andy with IM's when he's busy mixing if I have questions =P

Sorry man! I swear Ill get you some killer beer at some point.

Kazrog said:
Seriously, some of you are starting to piss me off. I am amazed at the patience and tolerance that is being shown towards you. You are lucky that these guys are willing to impart their knowledge to you at all, especially when you show them NO respect whatsoever.

Opinions are like assholes... :loco:

Seriously tho, in general I don't think thats true... but there are a few people who could pipe down a little.

Nitronium Blood said:
Like whom?

I suppose I am just lucky enough to be ignorant towards the troublemakers in this forums. :Spin:
or maybe you're one of them?... phwoarrr :tickled:

j/k NB

SHHHwwweettt! I can't wait to hear Andys' mp3's of this amp. I'm seriously a ""buy now"" click away from picking up one of these puppys'. Has anyone heard the -Krankenstein- model yet?
Hey Andy, you ever used Royer R121's or Nuemann large condenser mic like a TLM193 on cabs? Just curious. I go straight to disc and was wondering how these mic setups sound going straight to disc. I know mic pre is important too.

Wow, seems that everyone here has some kind of aggressive mood towards the new guys! Well, I'm sorry if I posted about what I thought about Metallica and maybe of course, there are players in metal who use Mesa's, but as far as we normal people know, very little are using them oppossed to other brands. Perohaps my idea of metal is different from yours, whatever. I also referred exclusively to rectifiers, not the whole Mesa catalog, so I mean using touches of these amps in a recording doesn't make the band to use it all the time.

Ok well, for example:

Petrucci(Dream Theater) NOT METAL, IT'S PROGRESSIVE HARD ROCK WITH METAL ELEMENTS
Pepper Keenan(Down, Corrosion of Conformity) NOT METAL, THIS IS NU-METAL OR AT LEAST SOME FORM OF CONTEMPORARY METAL
Ted Aguilar(Death Angel)
Devin Townsend(The Band, SYL etc...)
Gary Holt(Exodus) AS FAR AS I KNOW, HE USES THE MODDED MARSHALLS, PEAVEY XXX AND 5150...
Eric Peterson(Testament)
Eric Forest(Voivod)

That's my opinion of which bands are doing metal, for example. Down is not like Death, Testament or Arch Enemy, is it?

Well, I think I'll just better shut up and go with the flow, apparently most people here like to be "the guys". Sorry.

DURBANS said:
Pepper Keenan(Down, Corrosion of Conformity) NOT METAL, THIS IS NU-METAL OR AT LEAST SOME FORM OF CONTEMPORARY METAL

That's my opinion of which bands are doing metal, for example. Down is not like Death, Testament or Arch Enemy, is it?
Wow, you should really shut up... If Down is nu-metal I don't know what Arch Enemy is. You don't know what you are talking about...

By the way, you are talking about Death etc. Do you know who James Murphy is by chance? You know the guy you are confronting about Mesas?

COC nu-metal mmmmmmm ok :worship: :tickled: I'm not even going there.

I've used boogies day in day out, infact you can dial them in really tight and they are pretty versatile so I don't think you can really say they're better for this or that, I've had some pretty damn savage tones out of my rectifier. Though they're a little more difficult to get right than a 5150, but I'm telling ya all, you have to hear this Krank. :headbang:

Oh and lets not get aggressive on here, it's good we've got so many people visiting. Please feel free to give James Murphy shit though, thats why he was invented.