Languages

How different is the Spanish spoken in Spain to the Spanish spoken in the Americas?

The word choice is quite different. Also the "you all" conjugation is not really used in Latin American Spanish. The biggest difference is the pronunciation. They're about as different as British English from American English.

I just started learning Finnish last night.

Third non-Indo-European language I started learning. It is more complicated than Chinese and is kinda weird but I'm catching on.

Because I want to check out a non-Indo-European language that isn't so easy a caveman can do it.

Yeah, I've heard that Finnish is one of the hardest languages to learn. Each word seems to have about seven A's in it.

I'm taking a language course in uni next year, and although I'm currently registered for German I'm thinking about switching to Russian. It'd be interesting to learn a non-Roman language, and Russian is one of the more important and applicable languages internationally.

Does anyone know of any good free language software/online lessons? I downloaded a bunch of Byki stuff, but it's all just various phrases and words, which is useful, but I want to actually know the grammar and stuff. I just finished first year Russian at uni (got an A) and have been messing around with some German and Kazakh. I'm learning Turkish this summer when I'm over there, so it would be kind of cool to get a head start on that too.