languages

Chinese is awesome because there's no conjugation and articles, and tenses are implied, which is why if you've ever read an XXX-Selver post you'll notice she always gets the tense wrong and leaves out articles and stuff.

I speak French better and use that language at home but I work almost exclusively in English. It's pretty easy to notice my first language isn't English though.
I'm sure I've asked you this but what part of Ontario are you from?

Chinese is awesome because there's no conjugation and articles, and tenses are implied, which is why if you've ever read an XXX-Selver post you'll notice she always gets the tense wrong and leaves out articles and stuff.
Chinese also has no distinction for gender pronouns like we do. It's really funny when my aunt (she is ethnically chinese from Vietnam) calls my cousins the wrong gender :lol:

My mothertongue is Dutch, but English is my second language. My French is good but it's getting kinda rusty. My German is basic, but it's pretty close to Dutch, so understanding ordinary things isn't very demanding.
Last year I took a Spanish course, it was only 1 year, but it was actually the second year for the other students, so actually I had 2 years of Spanish forged in 1 :).
Currently I'm studying Swedish-English. So I can say I can understand a bit of Danish too, and slight hints of Norwegian. :)

My mothertongue is Dutch, but English is my second language. My French is good but it's getting kinda rusty. My German is basic, but it's pretty close to Dutch, so understanding ordinary things isn't very demanding.
Last year I took a Spanish course, it was only 1 year, but it was actually the second year for the other students, so actually I had 2 years of Spanish forged in 1 :).
Currently I'm studying Swedish-English. So I can say I can understand a bit of Danish too, and slight hints of Norwegian. :)

Do tell if you need any help with that. :)

Hmm is it something with you being dutch that makes you understand danish better then norwegian? Because I don't think I ever met a swede that isn't the other way around.

One bad thing with English is that there´s no single word to indicate if your grandmother/grandfather is you fathers or your mothers parent,like in Swedish we have mormor,morfar,farmor and farfar. Same thing with uncle/aunt,there we have moster,morbror,faster and farbror.

Chinese has that too...which is unusual for Chinese, which doesn't usually do much with genders and stuff.

One bad thing with English is that there´s no single word to indicate if your grandmother/grandfather is you fathers or your mothers parent,like in Swedish we have mormor,morfar,farmor and farfar. Same thing with uncle/aunt,there we have moster,morbror,faster and farbror.

I don't find that all that useful. Just like in Japanese there is a different word for brother and sister when talking about your family and someone elses family.

And while we're on the topic of languages what do you guys think is the most difficult language (in terms of speaking)?

Yeah, Chinese and Japanese have the same characters (or extremely similar) because China brought writing to Japan (although Japan has its own alphabets now like Hiragana). But yeah Chinese has a ton of characters (10,000 I believe), and I think people in China have to learn about 4,000 to get into a good high school. Being dyslexic in China or Japan must suck.

I speak English and taking Latin.

I wanted to take Latin next year, but they're not going to have it. Its kind of stupid how they put courses on the list for next year when they're not even going to have them. I wanted to take Latin 1 and music technology but they didn't have them.

Japanese kanji = chicken dipped in ink walking on paper.
Chinese has a ridiculous number of characters and you have to know them all by sight, because there's no way to tell what's what.

Yeah, you can't sound them out or anything, you just have to know them. But I think they simplified their characters, but I'm sure is still harder than the roman alphabet.

Yeah, you can't sound them out or anything, you just have to know them. But I think they simplified their characters, but I'm sure is still harder than the roman alphabet.

They did and it is.
But let me tell you, before they simplified them, that shit was fucking intense.

Paternal = father's side
Maternal = mother's side