languages

The only time I ever spoke lolcat was to annoy this 10 year old who wouldn't shut up on Halo 3.

I speak French better and use that language at home but I work almost exclusively in English. It's pretty easy to notice my first language isn't English though.

Un exemplo, por favor?

:cool:

dude, it looks like children having a dialogue.

for example:

the retard way:

aIx tIpOxXx aXiM eU nAuMm sEi sE dEvO faZeR isUxX i kI vErGonhAx

the correct way:

ah! Tipo assim, eu não sei se devo fazer isso... Ih, que vergonha.

Translating:

Oh, you know, i don't know if i should do that. Oh! What the shame.

it's very very very very annoying to read.

Why is it everytime i see a black guy commenting on the latest crip video on youtube it looks something like;"eY d4Wg,wes c0St fo liFe y4. dEm bLoOdS bE trIPpiN Y4,". I mean it´s actually fucking HARDER to write like that than it is to write like a normal human being.

Articles are annoying, but doesn't every language suck in this regard.

Not necessarily. The definite article in English, i.e. 'the', stays unchanged for every noun it precedes. It's simple as hell because it's the same article for singular and plural nouns, and there are no noun genders to deal with in English, whereas in German there are three. The fact that I can't tell what gender any given noun is in German only compounds the difficulty for me. Even Spanish, with its genders and variations on its definite and indefinite articles, is simpler in this regard, at least from my perspective. Maybe I just need to practice German more. I'm hoping it will become more intuitive for me at some point.

Not necessarily. The definite article in English, i.e. 'the', stays unchanged for every noun it precedes. It's simple as hell because it's the same article for singular and plural nouns, and there are no noun genders to deal with in English, whereas in German there are three. The fact that I can't tell what gender any given noun is in German only compounds the difficulty for me. Even Spanish, with its genders and variations on its definite and indefinite articles, is simpler in this regard, at least from my perspective. Maybe I just need to practice German more. I'm hoping it will become more intuitive for me at some point.
Yeah, this is definitely an area where English is pretty easy. Apparently native speakers don't really care too much about getting the proper article genders. It's a pretty minor flaw, even though it's the kind of thing that gets harped on in school, like common English mistakes that don't hurt meaning. Learning articles is just memorization. There's no intuitive way to determine. Same with prepositional phrases, which just have to be learned on a case by case basis, i.e. mit dem Bus = with the bus, whereas we would say "on the bus".

the retard way:

aIx tIpOxXx aXiM eU nAuMm sEi sE dEvO faZeR isUxX i kI vErGonhAx

the correct way:

ah! Tipo assim, eu não sei se devo fazer isso... Ih, que vergonha.

I don't think that's lolcat. That looks more like the regular intentionally-bad spelling that's "trendy" among 13-year-olds. That's been around since long before lolcats.