languages

Russian
Ukrainian
English
a bit of Spanish (in a process of learning it)
and going to learn Swedish.

I took German for four years. I didn't find it that difficult. The verbs are very similar to those in English, and many words resemble English words. Articles are annoying, but doesn't every language suck in this regard. I live in a very Polish neighborhood and quite a few people I know speak Polish. That seems really hard. None of the words are close to English words, and the alphabet is different enough to be confusing.

English (duh), taking Chinese (3 years), and think I could survive in China indefinitely as far as language skills go. 2 years of French in 7-8 grade, but don't remember shit.

Does anyone here (i.e. Cythraul) know of a decent Spanish-language forum (ideally music-related)? I've been wanting to join one for a while, to work on my Spanish skills. I figure it's the best way to do it short of taking another (expensive) class, or moving to another country. I took four years of Spanish in high school, and haven't really practiced it since then (been almost five years now).

I found this site - http://www.metalminos.com/foro/index.php - which looks reasonably useful, although there doesn't seem to be any intelligent discussion going on there, and it seems to be mainly focused on file-sharing. :erk:

So yeah, if any of you could find me a decent forum, I'd be much appreciative.

I wish I could help you but I'm afraid I can't. I've never posted on nor looked for any Spanish speaking forums. I very much prefer to speak in English. I only use Spanish when speaking to family members that aren't so good with English and the monolingual Mexican bastards that come into my job. Perhaps you should try hanging out with some native Spanish speakers? I don't know how easy this would be for you, since perhaps you live in a very Whitey McWhitebread part of the country (I've no idea where you live).

i speak german fairly well and i know some broken dutch and japanese. i'm currently learning arabic. i work with an iraqi, so with him and rosetta stone, i should do pretty well.
~gR~

I wish I could help you but I'm afraid I can't. I've never posted on nor looked for any Spanish speaking forums. I very much prefer to speak in English. I only use Spanish when speaking to family members that aren't so good with English and the monolingual Mexican bastards that come into my job. Perhaps you should try hanging out with some native Spanish speakers? I don't know how easy this would be for you, since perhaps you live in a very Whitey McWhitebread part of the country (I've no idea where you live).

Not particularly easy. I know, like, one hispanic person through my fraternity, and I'm not sure if she's a native Spanish speaker or not (doesn't seem to have an accent, anyway). And I don't really know her well enough to be on a "hey, let's practice Spanish together" sort of basis.

I'll probably just settle on a forum eventually.

English, took around 6 years of Spanish but don't remember too much, took 3 years of Latin and I still know some of it. I don't retain knowledge of languages very well though.

I know very little French from my 7-8-9-10 grade. I believe that learning Chinese is a waste of time.

why? chinese is becoming more important every day. economics, politics, and of course military aspects will require a basic understanding of the various dialects of chinese in the future.
~gR~

I took spanish for 3 years in high school, but I've forgotten most of it. I also attempted Irish Gaelic and got as far as introducing myself.

I speek Hebrew and English, and I know a tiny bit of French, and I used to know a tiny bit of Dutch too but I forgot it, and all I remember is how to count to 100 :p