Last movie you've watched

Downey has seem to clean up his act... but I would say he is more brilliant when on drugs... anyways one of my fave movies of his was Less Than Zero. He played a drug addict but then again he was just playing himself. He also was very good in the Chaplin movie he did. Lately I think he needs better roles that brings out his talent more. I heard he was good in the movie Zodiac though.

Yeah, he's excellent in Zodiac. Another one he was in not too long ago was A Scanner Darkly. He manages to act through the cell-shading and he's fucking excellent in it. He has a great ability to play the neurotic and troubled gentleman, but there is a calmness about him that I find very human in some of his other flicks. Good actor.

Transformers and it was great Oh yeah I also just watched Knocked Up

I saw Knocked Up... wasn't as great as it should of been considering it's coming from the guys who did The 40 Year Virgin... but the main girl character/actress is hot though it annoyed me that she wore a bra during the sex scenes considering she has a perfect rack... but anyways the jokes were funny and such but for some reason it didn't have the magic of 40 Yr Virgin so I didn't laugh to them....

Anyways last movie I saw was 300 on DVD... good bloody action flick... lots of blood and guts and Leonidas wife is hot... at least he fucked her before he went into battle to die lol ... :kickass:

you know, it's strange, I've heard alot of good opinions about transformers and alot of bad ones. So what's up with that movie? Is it just for the fans or what?

you know, it's strange, I've heard alot of good opinions about transformers and alot of bad ones. So what's up with that movie? Is it just for the fans or what?

Bad I suppose from guys like me who grew up in the 80's with the original Transformers (cartoons and such)... though I haven't seen the current movie to pass judgement... but the ones who are die hard fans are the ones who seem to give it bad reviews while the ones who are not any fans of the toys and their past like the movie alot... plus also alot of people aren't a big fan of the director...

The Simpsons Movie.

I was only there because my friends offered and also bought me dinner... how could I refuse? I feel the show has been on a downhill since after season 5, but... I really enjoyed this movie. It was refreshing to see somethings they wouldn't normally do on TV, and the jabs at Fox were priceless. "Why PAY for something you can see on TV for FREE?" - Homer within the first five minutes.
He then proceeds to insult the audience...

I'm not sure if it was "worth the wait". I guess we might have some large Simpson's fans here that will do the picking apart... so I leave the stage to you.

The Simpsons Movie.

I was only there because my friends offered and also bought me dinner... how could I refuse? I feel the show has been on a downhill since after season 5, but... I really enjoyed this movie. It was refreshing to see somethings they wouldn't normally do on TV, and the jabs at Fox were priceless. "Why PAY for something you can see on TV for FREE?" - Homer within the first five minutes.
He then proceeds to insult the audience...

I'm not sure if it was "worth the wait". I guess we might have some large Simpson's fans here that will do the picking apart... so I leave the stage to you.

Agreed. Being one of said Simpsons' fans, I could say that I expected - well, hoped - it would be something far more grandiose and incredible; much like the South Park movie. HOWEVER, it was thoroughly entertaining. And for that, I won't complain.

Indeed. Not that I've seen much of the latest seasons, but the, as you say, caustically satirical shows in classic Simpsons are some of the finest universal comedy ever.

In other news: Transformers far exceeded my expectations. Cool shit.

Bad I suppose from guys like me who grew up in the 80's with the original Transformers (cartoons and such)... though I haven't seen the current movie to pass judgement... but the ones who are die hard fans are the ones who seem to give it bad reviews while the ones who are not any fans of the toys and their past like the movie alot... plus also alot of people aren't a big fan of the director...

well I also saw the series and last Friday I saw the movie (right after I posted that comment), not bad I must say, altough it has its bad sides it's not a bad movie, I even might say it was pretty good.

Finally got round to seeing Nil By Mouth. Never had I known Gary Oldman was such an accomplished director, not to mention writer and producer also. With regards to said film, this could be partly attributed to his growing up in the environment portrayed, but that'd be pernickity and unfair.

Nil... is real. Painfully real, and, ironically, that's part of its saving grace; the inherent humour found in the expectedly Cockney (eastend Londoners - entertaining) dialogue being part of its poignant charm. Without this, the movie would mostly be one big, bleak dirge.

On the other hand, Ray Winstone is brutal. In fact, this might be the best and most gritty performance of his I've seen so far (surprising given his nails case lead role in Scum). Playing an abusive, neglectful alcoholic in a dysfunctional family, he is essentially the film's central focus, and it's moving to see the hell he causes and endures, yet regrets and wishes to rectify. Speaking of grittiness, the subplot involving young junkie Billy and the imperfect, kinda shaky camerawork throughout are sadly authentic also. I liked the ending because it allows the viewer to assume for themselves what will become of Mr. X and Mrs. Y's future (not to give out any spoilers!). A sometimes harrowing, and at others touching and funny movie with pathos, I recommend it.