Last movie you've watched

I saw the trailer for it before Sherlock Holmes, and I gotta say it looks absolutely crazy! Could be good, could be balls - we'll see!

I'm excited about Daybreakers, it sounds not too bad.

Great casting in Holmes. Pretty much only Downey Jnr could make the character more action packed but retain ties with the source material.
True about Downey but I hope he doesn't get typecast as a action actor because of Iron Man and Sherlock. He's a great drama actor and people do not seem to remember that right now.

In fairness, I haven't seen it, but Old Dogs was one of the worst reviewed movies of the decade by reviewers from all quarters.

With you on Sherlock Holmes. It's slightly too long and a bit too kinetic. Nice touches, though. A sequel could be great.

Avatar is all about the visuals - that's why it'll make so much cash. Titanic was the same. Cameron provides an event and people pay to see it - neither film could be called a masterpiece.

Book of Eli and Lovely Bones were poorly received, but I'm excited about them a bit too. The Daybreakers trailer looks great.

Go see Old Dogs, you will like it. It's not great but i give it a good rating. It's funny and entertaining.

Sherlock Holmes definetly set itself up for future sequels and i can't wait to see them.

Avatar to me was more then just about the visuals. I liked the story and agree with it's political views. It has already made a ton of money and surpassed Titanic for highest grossing movie of all time. But in all fairness Avatar is priced differently then Titanic in terms of ticket prices and even more so in other countries. For example, I have a friend in China who tells me movie theaters there charge $50 admission for this movie. So with prices like this of course it will surpass Titanic and other movies. I do consider Titanic a masterpiece for it's time and in the history of movie cinema.

I saw both The Lovely Bones and The Book of Eli. I loved them both and can't recommend them both enough. Only thing is I had a tough time seeing Mark Wahlberg as the father of a 14 year old in the movie. He still looks pretty young for his age.

My next movie I think will be Legion though I would like to see Daybreakers as well.

Avatar was a true event in the same way Titanic was, it'll be remembered in that way rather than as one of the best movies ever produced. It remains to be seen if it's a "game changer" because of the 3D, but the amount of money it's making suggests that it is.

I saw The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus last week. I'm not sure about it, to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of Gilliam anyway, but it was sort of OK. Bit weird, naturally, but parts of it were quite boring, it take a while to get going and it lacks a real story. Some beautiful shots though.

Watched GI Joe on blue ray and it's an appallingly bad movie, but I enjoyed it quite a lot.

I paid to go watch Toy Story 1&2 in 3D. Why? I dont understand why I did that considering its been out for fukin years and they would have already gotten money from the box office right? And now their making more money from the same movie just in 3D.. its my fault

It was like a 38ºC degree day out (102.2 ºF) and a bunch of us were having.... smokes.... around the side of the mall and theres like bushes and shit where we were standing. We all left to go back in and a friend asked for a lighter. My friend threw it and it went over his head and into the bush. He didn't bother going to get it. We went outside for another session during intermission and *poof* the bushes were gone. Nothing but black and you could smell them still. I had pics of the bushes b4 they burnt. They were there. Sooo... i think what we firgured out is the lighter blew up...... prrrrrrrrretty sure

I saw Legion.... I liked it... was entertaining... the Grandma was funny as hell of course ... but anyways i didn't get the ending... was God testing the faiths of both humans and angels? Is that why Michael said to Gabriel that he failed? ...

Saw Shutter Island yesterday - excellent movie. Some critics thought it was aesthetically strong but lacking in other areas, and some thought it was a great work of art. I agree with the latter camp.

Saw Shutter Island yesterday - excellent movie. Some critics thought it was aesthetically strong but lacking in other areas, and some thought it was a great work of art. I agree with the latter camp.
Excellent indeed though to me at least Leo still looks somewhat like a kid and not believable as a U.S. Marshal. But acting wise he was good. Just physically he didn't look the part much.

Anyways as for the movie, it is excellent and I have to admit Marty and the book author had me fooled because I really thought he was a Marshal being driven insane by the Psychiatrict skills of Kingsley and his crew. What convinced me was Rachel in the cave telling him all that info including not to trust his own partner. If your an insane mind why would you tell yourself not to trust your own partner? Him making a concious decision at the end of the movie threw me off a little as well.

When I got home I looked it up on Wiki to get the story straight though. Marty really is underrated compared to other directors.

I think Leo always had problems with looking slightly childish, but I think he's an excellent actor.

Scorsese has always been slightly overlooked, but that was remedied with an Oscar for the Departed (although it was pretty much for his previous movies in the same way that Kate WInslet won it for the Reader last year).

Not that he didn't deserve it and not that Departed wasn't an excellent movie but that is one of the movies he shouldn't have gotten the award for when he had such an excellent repertoire before that one that he should of gotten it for first:

Taxi Driver
Raging Bull
Goodfellas
Mean Streets
Color of Money
Cape Fear etc.