Last movie you've watched

I'm quite frankly baffled as to how anyone enjoyed V for Vendetta. The plot was utterly ridiculous, the 'anarchistic' theme seemed like it was directed at primary school children, the guy wearing the mask for the whole film was really annoying and totally unbelievable, Natalie Portman's attempt at an English accent was laughable, the scene where they kiss was utterly hilarious, and the action and special effects were ridiculously overdone. It was the first big budget blockbuster I had watched in ages, and I found it completely patronising and riddled with cliche.

:)

Last Impact. 'Twas a mediocre film on the Sci-Fi channel. I'm a Sci-Fi geek.

I just saw Zwartboek and it was fantastic. Not Verhoeven's usual fare, but It's highly enjoyable. Not least because of the magnetic female protagonist and her sublime body.

just watched Crank starring Jason Statham, Statham was really good in this one, pretty solid action film about a man who is poisoned with a drug which will kill him in an hour, in a premise similar to the movie Speed he has to keep active in order to stay alive, this movie was a very good fast paced action film

'28 Days Later' scared the living pish out of me, the first time I saw it, late at night, in a darkened room. But aye, it has an eerie realism to it that manages to terrify in a ''what would you do in this situation?'' style. The scene in the tunnel was probably the most petrifying.

I also loved Romero's 'Land of the Dead'. That movie ruled.

Edit: One thing I severely dislike about a lot of modern zombie flicks, such as the 'Dawn...' remake, is how human the zombies seem. I mean come on! Zombies are supposed to be slow, practically Braindead (<hilarious zombie flick, by the way) creatures; not running, rabid and aggressive humans. That's something I excuse '28 Days Later' for; the infected humans weren't zombies per se - to be pedantic - more just people filled with some sort of uncontrollable, unfiltered rage. It worked better.

'28 Days Later' scared the living pish out of me, the first time I saw it, late at night, in a darkened room. But aye, it has an eerie realism to it that manages to terrify in a ''what would you do in this situation?'' style. The scene in the tunnel was probably the most petrifying.

I also loved Romero's 'Land of the Dead'. That movie ruled.

it didn't scare me that much but it was great

I'll need to see land of the dead

Aye, the ending kind of made their entire efforts shown throughout the film seem futile and frustratingly uncertain.

'Dead Calm' - an impressive exercise in suspense and isolation, with Sam Neill and Nicole Kidman doing what they do best. They're a couple who, in an attempt to recover from their son's death, go on a lenghty cruise in their yaught in the Pacific...only to pick up a dangerous loon who's killed all the members of his own vessel. Billy Zane puts on a show as the slightly hammed-up psycho. Good stuff, if a bit predictable.

just watched The Hills Have Eyes

what a horrible movie imo, it works well as a comedy though :lol: The family depicted in this film is so stupid and utterly careless, that they aren't even sympathetic, I have never seen such amount of idiocy on the part of the victims in a horror movie

I especially love the scene where the two guys leave their mom and sister/wife shot to death in the trailer, and there dog comes running to them and they are hugging it and saying "oh you came back", wtf, there entire family is gone in a bloody massacre and they are happy about there dog returning :lol: :lol:

Now I know why I didn't watch this film sooner, it is utter shite. :)

'Dead Calm' - an impressive exercise in suspense and isolation, with Sam Neill and Nicole Kidman doing what they do best. They're a couple who, in an attempt to recover from their son's death, go on a lenghty cruise in their yaught in the Pacific...only to pick up a dangerous loon who's killed all the members of his own vessel. Billy Zane puts on a show as the slightly hammed-up psycho. Good stuff, if a bit predictable.

A decent thriller I remember. What I most remember now is how different Nicole Kidman used to look--natural (as in not super-thin) leggy body, very dark red or burnt red hair.

A decent thriller I remember. What I most remember now is how different Nicole Kidman used to look--natural (as in not super-thin) leggy body, very dark red or burnt red hair.

Aye, and her curiously faux-English accent is more convincing than one would initially suspect. I imagine she'd have looked better-suited like that in the film 'Far And Away', as in more natural looking, like you say. However, that film was a bit tedious, sentimental and...gay:lol: , if memory serves correct. Either way, 'Dead Calm' was certainly worth the 4 or 5 pounds I spent on Amazon. :)

speaking of Nicole Kidman, I have just watched 'Dogville' recently, which stars Nicole Kidman

"A woman on the run from the mob is reluctantly accepted in a small Colorado town. In exchange, she agrees to work for them. As a search visits town, she finds out that their support has a price..." "DOGVILLE is shot exclusively in studio with a minimum of props once again allowing the actors' maximum freedom and full exposure inspired by televised theatre of the 70s."

Aye, and her curiously faux-English accent is more convincing than one would initially suspect. I imagine she'd have looked better-suited like that in the film 'Far And Away', as in more natural looking, like you say. However, that film was a bit tedious, sentimental and...gay:lol: , if memory serves correct. Either way, 'Dead Calm' was certainly worth the 4 or 5 pounds I spent on Amazon. :)

Well, alls I know is that I found her quite alluring in that movie, but today find her rather superficial and cold. Not that it matters, but I do find it interesting how vapid (acting) fame and soul-sucking hollywood can totally change someone. I mean she looks nothing like she did 20 years ago.