Last movie you've watched

In Bruges was immense. ^ I agree with your McDonagh statements, he's an immensely talented chap. The script held alot of the motifs more usual in playwriting, but he moved them into a wonderfully quick and witty script with ease.

Yeah, I saw Iron Man too. It was fucking awesome. It's obviously a little sparse in content because it really is setting up for sequels, but the direction and the acting was top notch from every one. Downey Jnr is a magnetic bastard who fits the role perfectly. So many nice little touches to the movie that make it one of the most accomplished comic book movies out there.

Gotta agree with you on this one. He fit the role like a glove. He was excellent! He carried the movie singlehandedly. Iron Man was an excellent comic book adaptation.

I saw In Bruges at a pre-screening months back with writer/director Martin McDonagh, who is also a playwright. I absolutely loved the movie. So much that I read his 6 plays...the man's fecking brilliant.

As for Iron Man, killer comic book movie. One of the best.

In Bruges was immense. ^ I agree with your McDonagh statements, he's an immensely talented chap. The script held alot of the motifs more usual in playwriting, but he moved them into a wonderfully quick and witty script with ease.

That's great, I've really wanted to see this movie. Now I'm psyched for it to come out.

Doomsday which was not too bad. It's entertaining enough, but nowhere near as good as The Decent or Dog Soldiers, which, as it happens, are two of my favourite horror/thriller movies. Marshall is a talented enough guy so Doomsday ends up being entertaining, without being brilliant.

Outpost is pretty decent too, I though. I like Ray Stevenson is pretty much everything, which makes anything I say bias, but nevertheless I did think it was a good movie. It was filmed near where my parents live, so it was pretty cool to see that terrain in a motion picture. It's very low budget, but a good movie, a nice example of British horror. It was released straight to DVD in the States by Sony, so it's worth checking out.

Saw Indy 4.

I liked it. It's ridiculous but very entertaining. It's solidly directed, as one expects from Spielberg, and the cast manage to pull it off quite well.

I disagree, but that's what makes talking about movies so interesting.

I'd say they're well directed, well written and as a trilogy of movies probably the best action ones to have came out in years.

I disagree, but that's what makes talking about movies so interesting.

I'd say they're well directed, well written and as a trilogy of movies probably the best action ones to have came out in years.

no doubt they were well done but there is a certain 'feel' to these films that just turns me off

Saw Indy 4.

I liked it. It's ridiculous but very entertaining. It's solidly directed, as one expects from Spielberg, and the cast manage to pull it off quite well.

just saw it yesterday... honestly i felt it was too overthetop... now of course with indy you don't expect realism but there was so much in it that was just too unbelievable... too campy

no doubt they were well done but there is a certain 'feel' to these films that just turns me off

I'm not sure if you can elaborate, bu could you give it a shot? I'm interested in what you think because the Bourne movies seem to be overwhelmingly well thought of by most folks with discerning taste.

just saw it yesterday... honestly i felt it was too overthetop... now of course with indy you don't expect realism but there was so much in it that was just too unbelievable... too campy

It's definitely over the top, but it's part of the appeal. I can understand how folks feel it's just too camp, too crazy to be any good, but I still think it's pretty entertaining.

Hi,

we've been to Indy 4 on Thursday- it was good entertainment, but some stupid things too - Refrigerator, you know what I mean.......

But apart from that I think the movie was well done.

I'm not sure if you can elaborate, bu could you give it a shot? I'm interested in what you think because the Bourne movies seem to be overwhelmingly well thought of by most folks with discerning taste.

It's definitely over the top, but it's part of the appeal. I can understand how folks feel it's just too camp, too crazy to be any good, but I still think it's pretty entertaining.

well for one the characters seem to be emotionless... i have no connection or interest in any of them... the films feel sterile to me

with the indy series though... its completely different... watching these films you love the characters or at least you love indy there is an instant draw to the personalities involved