Last movie you've watched

Twilight was so fucking gay yet entertaining in a way

I knew nothing about Twilight, until a friend of mine a while back was just raving about the books after she read them, and told me I should buy them at once since I like vampires. Now, I rarely ever watch TV and I dislike most Hollywood movies and really, I barely even know what films are in theatres so I had no idea they were making a movie about the book. Completely oblivious to it all, I was downtown one day and stopped at one of the bookstores here just to check the book out. While I was there I noticed posters and promo for the film, thankfully (words could described how turned off I was after that) and decided to pass on wasting my money.

I get the impression this film (and possibly the book) is aimed towards a young adolescent/teen female audience. Like Dawson's Creek, only about vampires. :erk:

Anyhow, I'm glad I avoided that catastrophe. However, with all of the bad reviews I'm hearing, I almost want to watch it to see how bad it really is. :lol:

It got fair reviews, to be honest. You can only take it for what it is, and that's a big screen adaptation of a rather pedestrian, but innocuous, series of books aimed at a teenage, female audience.

Given that context, it's smoothly made, hits all the right notes and remains altogether rather inoffensive. I wouldn't say I liked it, nor disliked it, but it's all rather cute and silly, unless you take yourself too seriously, and overall it breeds ambivalence in anyone who's not a teenage girl, but it's hardly of enough substance to warrant abject hatred or the like.

Last movie I watched was Max Payne and I was pretty underwhelmed. I'm not sure John Moore can actually direct a film, yet he seems to continue being allowed to. At a stretch it's worth watching, but it could have been much better.

I'm unsure about the casting of Wahlberg, too. He's great in the right roles, but he looks more than a tad silly as Payne on many occasions.

With Max Payne, I was a huge fan of the video game and had been anticipating a film for a few years...suffice to say, the film was quite disappointing.

The acting was very mediocre, and the character portrayals were very weak. Wahlberg's Max Payne had like no personality. Mila Kunis did a good job looking like the part but her acting was average, she seemed like a very vulnerable person and far too trusting of Max after just meeting him - she wasn't weak in the video game. Lupino was just lame...etc. Not to mention Nelly's and Ludacris' cameos were unnecessary, I mean, Bravura in the game was pretty much the exact opposite of what he was in the film.

And I understand they can only do so much in 90mins, but the story the pieced together was quite inconsistent, and a bit of a mess. And of course, I wasn't too fond of all the changes, and overall adaptation. I could probably ramble on endlessly about everything but I'll stop here. o_O

Overall it wasn't a bad film though. The visuals were great - but perhaps that's the only good thing about the film.

just like thousands times before. Full Metal fuckin jacket

Ermey was picked for that part because he swore for like 20mins and never repeated himself. I love him ^^

Blazing Saddles. Classic

Bart: Mornin', ma'am. And isn't it a lovely mornin'?
Elderly woman: Up yours, my pals.

I luv Mel Brooks! Have all his movies, except Silent Movie. Haven't gotten around to buying that one yet.

I watched The Bankjob... excellent movie... based on a true story though some of the accuracy can be debatable since the UK Gov't is hush hush about the whole thing since the 70's... John Statham as usual is excellent in his movies...

I also watched Perfume... very good movie though as always the book is always better then the movie itself... but it was very close to the book... maybe just 1 important scene or 2 missing from the movie... but do not watch the movie first... you will not understand what is going on... read the book first...

Trailer camp of death or something like that, about a bus of students whos bus crashes, so they shelter in a trailer camp which happens to be full of redneck zombies.
most fucking retarded film ever, quite funny though.

I saw Wolverine Origins tonight... very good movie imo... much more serious then the other 3 X Men movies... much in the same vein as Batman Begins for example... less kiddiesh and more adult/serious then their previous movies...

Starrrr Trekkk.
Thought it was amazing. PWOAR Chris Pine.
Good how they incorporated humour into the movie.
However, Baby Spock had a rather unsuitable American accent.
But wow, loved the design of that Romulan ship.
I expected it to be really really crap, but NOOOOO.
Which romantic plot didn't you agree with?? tbh, the way Kirk was womanizing was hyperbolic.

3 Extremes - Watched the first part of the movie, can't recall who it was directed by, but eh. Second part was directed by Park-Chan Wook, and I enjoyed this part more. Tried watching the 3rd part (directed by Takaisi Miike), but decided not to finish it.

Which romantic plot didn't you agree with?? tbh, the way Kirk was womanizing was hyperbolic.
Spock and Uhura...

I saw Terminator Salvation tonight. IMO it blew away the first 3 movies. Christian Bale deserves his stardom. Loved all the other characters/actors especially the woman pilot. This one was more serious then the first 3 movies much like Batman with Bale was over the first ones. Extra brownie points if you can guess who the character Marcus represented in American cinema. A famous character.

Terminator: :worship: