Lets have a pics thread :)

Noobs. You probably spread it on like nutella, amirite? A thick coat of vegemite is enough to make me hurl, and I love the shit.

Step 1) Toast some bread
Step 2) Add margarine while its hot so that it melts
Step 3) Add a THIN coat of vegemite

It mixes in with the margarine and tastes absolutely godlike.

Noobs. You probably spread it on like nutella, amirite? A thick coat of vegemite is enough to make me hurl, and I love the shit.

Step 1) Toast some bread
Step 2) Add margarine while its hot so that it melts
Step 3) Add a THIN coat of vegemite

It mixes in with the margarine and tastes absolutely godlike.

mega +1, this is a man who understands the way of the vegemite. Listen well, and learn from professional Aussies how to enjoy it properly before passing ignorant judgements...

Alright... Whats all these new words for something we are supposed to ingest all about

Vegemite ????????
something on the other page fisk something

Lutefisk is an old word.

Wikipedia:
"Lutefisk (lutfisk) (pronounced [lʉːtəfɪsk] in Norway, [lʉːtfɪsk] in Sweden and the Swedish-speaking areas in Finland (lipeäkala in Finnish)) is a traditional dish of the Nordic countries made from stockfish (air-dried whitefish) and soda lye (lut). Its name literally means "lye fish", owing to the fact that it is made with caustic soda or potash lye."

yeah, I kinda figure that was some traditional food. I avoid tradition food like the plague. i have no desire to learn how people ate before refrigeration or as in this country during the depression. Around here the natives have this thing they called sloughter poppie, its what everyone ate during the depression, its nothing but flour and water... more water. I have always refused to touch it, Im not going to eat anything that looks like puke... not that far to the grocery store these days I say.

yeah, I kinda figure that was some traditional food. I avoid tradition food like the plague. i have no desire to learn how people ate before refrigeration or as in this country during the depression. Around here the natives have this thing they called sloughter poppie, its what everyone ate during the depression, its nothing but flour and water... more water. I have always refused to touch it, Im not going to eat anything that looks like puke... not that far to the grocery store these days I say.

For me lutefisk isn't so spectacular as a dish. Something like the thanksgiving turkey (?) for the people in US. It's preparation method is not the most usual but essentially it's another way to eat fish for me.

But anyway, I agree 100% with avoiding tradition food. It's cool to taste some traditional stuff if you have an option but one must never have to forcefully intake lutefisk/vegemite/sloughter poppie/[add your favourite shit here]. Getting familiar with traditional foods is a good thing when it's optional.

hmm....Vegemite (/ˈvedʒɪmɑɪt/) is a dark brown savoury food paste made from yeast extract, used mainly as a spread on sandwiches, toast and cracker biscuits, as well as a filling of pastries like Cheesymite scroll, in Australia and New Zealand. It is similar to British and New Zealand Marmite and to Swiss Cenovis.

sounds interesting. i can't decide whether it sounds gross or great. i'll have to try it!

l_2b18d047436c17f71ff70c263905c8b9.jpg

Pity the new flick was no good.

l_db66ce6b00af5210a8b806d1be16b013.jpg

l_ba027f0a5403d34f2bb18b35ba3894d4.jpg

So, I go up north to South Central Wisconsin to take care of some things at my dad's house. Ended up experiencing some of the WORST weather I have ever been in up there. 12" (30.5cm) of rain in less than 2 days, tornado warnings, and tornado sirens, hail, bad ass storm. I left Sunday at noon before the next wave hit. Come to find out this morning that a lake near my dad actually broke throgh an earthen dam Monday morning, and washed 4 homes into the Wisconsin river, not to mention it EMPTIED a large resort lake. This area is my stomping grounds up there when I have time to fish the river. I know this area like the back of my hand. A very surreal experience, Here's a link to a google search of some video:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Lake+Delton+Flood+video

This is the only pic I've found:
ldf.jpg