let's make "the best of opeth" cd?

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
imagine all opeth guys died in a airplane accident...due to the band's end, MFN and other labels decided to make "the best of opeth" cd...
so, which songs should be in the track list in your opinion?...remember that it should be a single cd and it can't be more than 79:55 length...ah, don't forget to give a title for the cd!

crikey... i've tried to do this MANY times when making CD's for people to check out Opeth.... i usually end up doing one mellow one and one heavier one, BUT then after i decide the tracks and what to put on them, after i burn them i realize what i missed... Every time i decide to make mix discs for people they end up different because i can't decide on the TRUE "best" songs hehe

ehehehee...the same happens here...at the end i think "fuck, this song should be there too..."
but there's a solution: just burn the cd with mp3 files, so that we can fit ALL opeth songs and that's allright...

: o )

it'll be just a kick in the ass to put in particular order all the songs!

I made one just to listen to here at work. I wouldn't exactly say ALL of these are my favorite tracks by them, but I love them all...Besides that, with the length of their songs, and the fact that they have so many that I love, it would be impossible for me to put them all on one 80 minute disc! Here are the ones I put on my"Opethian Love" mix:

1. The Funeral Portrait
  2. Masters Apprentices
  3. The Twilight Is My Robe
  4. Black Rose Immortal
  5. When
  6. White Cluster
  7. Bleak
    [/list=1]

That is all that will fit on an 80 minute CD!

This is a cool topic. As for title...i'd call it..."Remembering Absent Friends".

1. Demon of the Fall
2. The Drapery Falls
3. A Fair Judgement
4. The Funeral Portrait
5. Black Rose Immortal
6. April Ethereal
7. To Bid You Farewell

Hmmm...this would be mine: (ps dunno if this fits)

1. The Twilight is My Robe
2. Black Rose Immortal
3. When
4. The Moor
5. Moonlapse Vertigo
6. The Drapery Falls
7. Master's Apprentices

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
crikey... i've tried to do this MANY times when making CD's for people to check out Opeth.... i usually end up doing one mellow one and one heavier one, BUT then after i decide the tracks and what to put on them, after i burn them i realize what i missed... Every time i decide to make mix discs for people they end up different because i can't decide on the TRUE "best" songs hehe

Couldnt have said it better myself

"In Mist Stands Deliverance"

When
Face of Melinda
Twilight Is My Robe
Harvest
Drapery Falls (trust me, these guys belong hand in hand)
Requiem
A Fair Judgement
Demon Of The Fall
To Bid You Farewell

9 tracks, a little over 74 minutes.

"The Triumphant Apostles - The best of Opeth"

1. Forest Of October
2. To Bid You Farewell
3. Demon Of The Fall
4. The Moor
5. Face Of Melinda
6. The Drapery Falls
7. Wreath
8. By The Pain I See In Others

Its an impossible task

Black Rose Immortal should be on there but it takes up too much room. We'll make it a 2-CD set and it'll be on the second CD! hah.

Not including that song, I'd say:

The Twilight is My Robe
Nectar
When
Demon of the Fall
White Cluster
Bleak
Deliverance
A Fair Judegment

That wouldn't fit I don't think. But you'll just have to deal with it.

under the weeping moon
advent
silhouette
the drapery falls
patterns in the ivy
deliverance
patterns in the ivy II

don't know if it fits 80 mins, but i love them most i think ;)
btw: i would like a new recorded version of orchid more *g*

NP: under the weeping moon