lets see some pics of everyones set up..

Alright, today i've reorganized my working space, so here is the final result:

mystuff.jpg

Kickinwing, I love your Bob Vila style desk.

Hhaha That shit is straight outta my basement.

Haha thanks, its attached to the wall and was built before i mudded the wall and painted it, so i had to detach it, and figure out how to put it back after we did the wall which was like a month later, i also used to have a lame-ass behringer mixer in the hole there, but since then upgraded to something better. Its so ghetto, I'm planning on moving the desk to the right wall and rebuilding it to suit my needs.

@Metaltastic

That triple rec blew ass hairs, the kid who owned it didnt know shit about tube amps and all the tubes were shot, sounded so bad it made me cry. We ended up using the schwifty150 on that album.

I have to ask....How do you guys afford all this gear and these massive studios?? I mean for example I looked at a digidesign mixing/interface desk the other day and it was £46,000. Plus what is the deal with like 20 different things in Rack Cabinets in these studios? I mean are they for show? or are they ALL used/needed??

Don't take this question the wrong way, I am just curious and baffled as to I am meant to save up all this money and get a shit tone of gear to get my studio running.

But their Setups all look so massive and they have sooo much gear. It must cost quite alot.

Plus what is the deal with like 20 different things in Rack Cabinets in these studios? I mean are they for show? or are they ALL used/needed??

Don't let 'em fool ya, man ... most of that stuff is just cardboard cut-outs painted up to look like actual gear.
I hate to say it - but you could get the same results with
mt502.jpg

... and
microphone_Full.jpg

Don't believe the hype from these guys, man.
(just joshin' ya)

Loren, whats that blue rack module under the firepod? are they presonus blue pres? how do you find them?

2 Presonus Tube Pres.

Surprisingly I find them noticable better than the ones in any of the other devices you see... but that's not really saying much.

I find the drive knobs (tube gain I guess) on both to be absolutely horrible on both though. If these were just strait solid state preamps with a single gain knob it would make more sense to me.

I only just realised you have a Diablo 3 Wallpaper. I guess when it comes out we won't be talking about mixes as much :D

2 Presonus Tube Pres.

Surprisingly I find them noticable better than the ones in any of the other devices you see... but that's not really saying much.

I find the drive knobs (tube gain I guess) on both to be absolutely horrible on both though. If these were just strait solid state preamps with a single gain knob it would make more sense to me.

hmm well i think i may look into buying a cpl or look into getting the bluetube one, anythings better than the 002 pres i guess!

You can get an E-mu tracker pre. If it is really similar to the 1616 in terms of preamps it should be pretty sweet for the price. Or better yet, you can get a 0404 usb and use its s/pdif connectivity.