Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

Doing over 15 is a waste of time. And isnt strong lifts 3X5 for most things?

Stronglifts starts off at 5 sets of 5 reps.

15 reps is for endurance and muscle tone, you won't get big in a hurry but it does give you a good muscle pump.

One of my previous programmes was a split system 6 days per week that went something like:

2 days 5 sets of 13-15, the next two days 5 sets of 8-10, the next two days 5 sets of 5-7 after a couple of weeks it went down to 4 sets with more weight and started on 8-10 then 5-7 and finished 3-5, then went down to 3 sets starting again at 13-15.

It wasn't too bad.

s

I will write to more stuff later but 5x5 is good for strength and hypertrophy. 3x8 is supposed to be hypertrophy routine, but that's 24 reps. 5x5 is 25 reps but because you're doing 5 reps/set you can hold more weight. It's definitely not an endurance program but the point is to use progressive loading to build your strength as quick as possible. Then once you peak at your strength you switch to a more comprehensive routine that focuses more on endurance/hypertrophy.

I'm taking things as they go currently, I might try alternating one week 3x15 then the other 5x5, I'll see how it goes.

And the eating more thing is a problem, when I'm on vacations from school (i.e. now) I'll go probably most of the daylight hours eating very little if anything, barring a pretty big lunch and usually then a massive dinner. I usually only eat breakfast on schooldays and workout days too.

You're also quite young right?

I recall reading years ago, they recommend teens not lift heavy weights, take supplements, etc. till they've finished growing ~ 22 years of age, saying it can stunt your growth, etc.

Do what you feel is right for you, maybe get a trainer to write you up a program to work on what your goals are.

s

Yeah, I'm 15, most of the stuff about weightlifting stunting growth is crap, improper technique leads to injury and growth stunting, lift properly and know what you're doing and you'll be fine.

I'm taking things as they go currently, I might try alternating one week 3x15 then the other 5x5, I'll see how it goes.

And the eating more thing is a problem, when I'm on vacations from school (i.e. now) I'll go probably most of the daylight hours eating very little if anything, barring a pretty big lunch and usually then a massive dinner. I usually only eat breakfast on schooldays and workout days too.

Yeah, I'm 15, most of the stuff about weightlifting stunting growth is crap, improper technique leads to injury and growth stunting, lift properly and know what you're doing and you'll be fine.

If you're doing 5X5 just do it and stick to it. If you want to do body building, bulk with 3X8 for 2 months and then tone with 3X15 for a month. My roommate did this himself in his 3rd year (of 3) of weightlifting class in highschool. Worked well, but he did 2 years of training strength and power before that. But you have to fucking eeeeeat, or else no gains. Its the biggest thing holding me back too. :(

My membership is up in 2 weeks, and I'd rather not extend it until I know where I'll be working (certain stations where I work have different schedules, catering being the shittiest, id rather not be in catering anymore...)

If you're doing 5X5 just do it and stick to it. If you want to do body building, bulk with 3X8 for 2 months and then tone with 3X15 for a month. My roommate did this himself in his 3rd year (of 3) of weightlifting class in highschool. Worked well, but he did 2 years of training strength and power before that. But you have to fucking eeeeeat, or else no gains. Its the biggest thing holding me back too. :(

My membership is up in 2 weeks, and I'd rather not extend it until I know where I'll be working (certain stations where I work have different schedules, catering being the shittiest, id rather not be in catering anymore...)

Progressive loading killed me, my form was poor as a result of piling weight on too fast and my muscles were insanely sore. As well as that stalling became a real problem with some weights due to lack of any muscular endurance. And fuck if someone just gave me food I would eat tons but I'm old enough that bar dinner I sort all food myself so I get lazy and don't eat much.

Progressive loading killed me, my form was poor as a result of piling weight on too fast and my muscles were insanely sore. As well as that stalling became a real problem with some weights due to lack of any muscular endurance. And fuck if someone just gave me food I would eat tons but I'm old enough that bar dinner I sort all food myself so I get lazy and don't eat much.

The stalls aren't from lack of endurance training, its from lack of eating.
Have a job? Just buy a bunch of eggs and boil them all at once, eat two a day. Buy some meat, eat it as a snack.

Jesus Christ am I meant to ask my mum to get 20 bottles of milk a week when she goes shopping? Cause I don't have a job D:

I thought that s bloke was settled in here now. He seems like a pretty cool guy eh
Definitely more so than whoever this other Aussie is :lol:

No, you're supposed to get a job.

I've looked, nobody accepts fucking 15 year olds here :mad: Eh, I've looked into stuff, I'll make do, it's cool. We're hardly poor, my parents wouldn't mind giving me cash and me going out to get shit.

Work fast food for minimum wage...nowhere GOOD is hiring, but everyone loves cheap labour that doesn't know their rights.

I'd rather deal with his bullshit as bad as it can be than listen to anything a faggot with a vest covered in patches has to say.

this :lol:

I know my rights, I may look like it but I didn't just get off the boat :p
Would be really embarassing if anyone walked in though. I'd rather sweep floors and do dishes at a normal restaurant than be at the counter at KFC :erk: