Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

Listening to the new Black Dahlia Murder album, 'Ritual'. Pretty good stuff. Anyone who hasn't heard it yet, I highly recommend it.

Listening to the new Black Dahlia Murder album, 'Ritual'. Pretty good stuff. Anyone who hasn't heard it yet, I highly recommend it.

no happy riffs, awesome, that band is under rated

also check out this band enfold darkness

and what the fuck happened to cradle of filth

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb5h8lHMVBA&feature=related[/ame]

I hate my new job and am currently thinking of the best ways to seriously injure myself at work so I dont have to go back. Slips and Falls sound like the best route for that.

I hate my new job and am currently thinking of the best ways to seriously injure myself at work so I dont have to go back. Slips and Falls sound like the best route for that.
Are you serious? Still that serving-pasta-to-students-thingie? That sucks, with the one before you sounded pretty happy and satisfied... no chance they send you back to the old one?

Come in with katanas and start preparing food. Seriously though, whats wrong with it?

The job is alright, the boss is a massive cuntwad. He neglected to tell me my station was going to be open 4 hours longer than it usually is, and that a tour of ESL asian kids* were going to be in the place all week.... and then was upset when I ran low on supplies. He basically has no idea how to manage a team, and not a single worker there has any respect for him.

He also likes to pull me away from my main duties, because he didn't think to have enough people on staff at a specific busy times, so when I slack on my main job its my fault...

And the food is shitty too, all of it.

*And none of them speak any English so they stand tehre in line staring at you for hours not knowing wtf to do, but I wont place that blame on them, someone should be with them helping them out, since they're like 10-14 years old.

My old boss, back when i worked at the kosher deli/ restaurant, was practically the same way (He was smart though and could run a restaurant sorta). Cheap Jewish practices led them to stocking up on as many Hispanics who couldn't speak English, so he could pay them $7 an hour for 3 years without a raise, then made me(when all the other white people quit) work the counter, host, and work the register, sometimes in the same day, because when the spanish guys could slice and make sandwiches and cook, they couldn't take an order worth shit. At 17 and 18, I didn't really want to quit, I got paid ok and the food was good and free. It's just normal middle class white people looking to make $10 or $12 an hour will not stay at a place that can keep you working at $9 for 4 years and expect you to bust your ass everyday you work. No bonus's either on holidays. The food industry is definitely the hardest industry to stay in and succeed. Though we have hope for you my friend.

The food industry is definitely the hardest industry to stay in and succeed.

With regard to restaurants yeah.

I did some work experience back at school for Nestle and remember being told, "If you get into food you'll never go bust - everyone has to eat."

I've also spent a few years working fast food joints while at school & uni, it may be shitkicking but at least you're paid legitimately with overtime, double time & half for public holidays, etc. .... and the free food is always a bonus for a hungry student.

s