Lets Talk About Random Shit Thread.

Umami is one of the 5 basic tastes. Salty, sweet, sour, bitter, and savory (or Umami). Generally, savory foods are considered to be like steak, cheeses, fish, ect.

Balancing the 5 basics is what makes great food. That's why most food is hit with a pinch of salt or a dash of lemon juice to bring out flavors. You are balancing the already present ones, such as umami, salt, ect. Usually you would use sugar if it is a sweet dish (pie filling for examply).

But in a way, its a way of describing the taste glutamates in food. Most common way we add it to our food is with MSG (monosodium glutamate).

Education is paying for itself already.

Speaking of things we dont like; Fuck mayonaise :yuk:

Tried liking it many times over, either by buying somethign with it by accident or on purpose

Never works :eek:

Many people can't drink milk because it's not meant for humans to fucken drink. It's for a god damn baby cow that weighs almost 100 lbs that will one day reach a half a ton. The stress on the pancreas to create the enzymes needed to digest lactose and galactose, that are destroyed during pasteurization, causes many people to get deathly ill and have horrible stomach aches and shits. I always get zits on my neck when I have too much dairy. That shit ain't good for ya.

Truth, and thats before you start to consider the gross amount of hormones in that milk.

But I love chocolate milk and will continue to drink it constantly

Milk is nice, so is cheese

Blue mold cheese is fucking krieg
33w2slv.jpg

yeahhh

Many people can't drink milk because it's not meant for humans to fucken drink. It's for a god damn baby cow that weighs almost 100 lbs that will one day reach a half a ton. The stress on the pancreas to create the enzymes needed to digest lactose and galactose, that are destroyed during pasteurization, causes many people to get deathly ill and have horrible stomach aches and shits. I always get zits on my neck when I have too much dairy. That shit ain't good for ya.

Ha, as I read this I am eating a bowl of cereal using almond milk. At first I disliked it, but I've gotten used to it. I enjoy being able to drink as much of it as I want without having to worry about phlegming up and creating acidic environments in my body which viruses dwell in. There's still a lot of other acidic foods in my diet I have yet to clean up though. It's so hard :zzz:

Yeah I rarely drink milk anyway, so whatever.
Cheese is awesome though. +1 on blue and moldy.

my fried was telling me how his grandpa had a cheese so stinky he was not aloud to keep it in the fridge. He put it in a box and buried it in the yard until he ate it.

Yeah I rarely drink milk anyway, so whatever.
Cheese is awesome though. +1 on blue and moldy.

my fried was telling me how his grandpa had a cheese so stinky he was not aloud to keep it in the fridge. He put it in a box and buried it in the yard until he ate it.
2q2r37m.jpg

Sounds epic though, I've always wanted to try reaaaally fucking old blue cheese. It sounds awesome o_O

Considering trying to age a piece of cheese myself, actually.. Start off with something "easy", like cheddar. Any tips? I've heard sealed container with cheese on wood block inside it, wiping it off once a week or something, but i have no idea how valid that is. I have no effin clue, tbh lol