i think my life at the moment is

• shit

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • ok

Votes: 47 59.5%
  • great

Votes: 20 25.3%

• Total voters
You typing those addresses with cold fingers or with a stylus? Have you tried "Hot Hands" packets in your gloves? Stay warm!

And yeah it's pretty commonplace here for employees to buy what they need for work. I think I spent close to $1,000 on a new desktop pc and laptop to ensure I could work from home properly. I could have borrowed an old, barely functioning laptop from work, but function is pretty important.

My husband has to buy his own uniforms if the few they gave him wear out or if he gains/loses weight, etc.

probably buys an app that calculates the best path between gps points (which is crazy that usps wouldn't provide it lol)

yeah that's what I meant. I mean, I "get" that an employer wouldn't cover each and every bit of expense related to remote work when the necessary implements can also be used for other purposes like a PC. But having someone actually pay to use an app that is a prerequisite of the job sure sounds like a bit of a cultural discrepancy. Unless I misunderstood and Krig works as a freelance and not actually on payroll.

Reactions: rms
well we still get to put business expenses on our tax returns here in communist europa

Reactions: rms
I'm not actually doing a route.
Those are already in the correct order.
I'm taking 50-100 packages, putting them in a minivan (somewhat in order), and putting the addresses into an app that shows me the best route to take.
I mostly take the big stuff, so the regular carrier doesnt have to try to deal with those.
The hours for the 3 days I've worked are..
Monday 7:30-7:25
Tuesday 7:30-8:15
Wednesday 7:30-6:55
Today we start at 6, I guess until Christmas. Not a fan!

Also, I have $10 until Friday the 11th. yay!!!

Everytime I think of a post office it reminds me the story that happened to this young ukrainian chick who ordered some expensive illustrated limited edition skater hoodie from usa, and it wouldn't arrive for a month or more.
So she went to the post office to yell at them as they were acting weird about it saying that they never received it, and saw that the post office manager who was talking to her about this case, woman of 40- 45 y/o was actually wearing the hoodie :D

Last edited:
Lol. The post office is a joke. Never seen more miserable people in my entire life.

LOL...This storyline started out with wide-eyed optimism to jaded disgust pretty quickly. Keep your head up, Mr. Nepo. Things typically have a way of working themselves out. This is probably the absolute worst time of the year to assess a parcel delivery job.

Everytime I think of a post office it reminds me the story that happened to this young ukrainian chick who ordered some expensive illustrated limited edition skater hoodie from usa, and it wouldn't arrive for a month or more.
So she went to the post office to yell at them as they were acting weird about it saying that they never received it, and saw that the post office manager who was talking to her about this case, woman of 40- 45 y/o was actually wearing the hoodie :D

:lol:

Since this is where I was bitching about phones. I applied some Christmas gift cards toward a Galaxy A71 and ended up paying $85 out of pocket. Even though it's midrange, it seems like a bigger and better version of my S9. Sound quality through headphones (one of my gripes with the Pixel 4a) is amazing. LOVING this thing.

Reactions: Demilich
I think I’ve reached peak dorian. I work seven 12 hour shifts every other seven days. On those work days I still manage to squeeze in a workout after I get home. On my weeks off I do whatever the fuck I want. Workout. Play bass. Jerk it. Stare at stuff. You know. The usual. I’m at the top income level of my profession. I could still go higher on education level but a PhD is for jerks. I still have dumb chicks half my age trying to bang me and I don’t even care. I’m vaccinated against COVID-69. Peak!

I’ll probably have cancer tomorrow.

I think we had about 40 guests and spent $3,000 max on our wedding. Had the ceremony at a city park and reception at my friend's restaurant. I would have been fine (and more comfortable) with a courthouse wedding, but my husband wanted the event. Kinda felt ridiculous getting dressed up and doing the ceremony thing in front of everyone, but whatever. People had fun. That was 8 years ago.

And yeah, we separated back in February, but we may be able to work something out.

Courthouse is the way to go. Legit dropped like 6 bills and most of that was taking the wife's fam out to Cheesecake Factory. Dropped 10k on a honeymoon to Australia/New Zealand. Couldnt do both at the time.

Though if I were to do it again, would prob do it up a little better and host something small for 5k. Kind of regret not having a proper soiree of some sort. Shit just seems like a pain in the ass if you have to nickel and dime.

5.5 yrs married, wish I did it sooner. Plenty of benefits if ye gel with the right person. Know a fuck ton of people hooked up with thots for nigh a decade with begotten crotch fruit. One of which is in a comatose state due to Covid. Wife doesnt fuggin work and she's shitting bricks over it. Not a good situation if ye give af about your mate.

Reactions: einride