Looking for Depressive music

Well I don't know what flavor of depressive you want, but here is some of everything, all of it is capable of sending you on your way to imminent suicide.
Disclaimer: this music should not be taken with alcohol and must be balanced out with bands that start with "The" and use major chords to convey their angst.

A Swarm of the Sun
Ahab
Battle Of Mice
Black Tape for a Blue Girl
Blake Curtis :)
Bleak
Bohren & der Club of Gore
Cranes
Cult of Luna
Dargaard
Dark Funeral
Daylight Dies
Death in June
Elis
Esoteric
Evoken
Evoken
Godgory
Gridlock
Harold Budd
Isis
Jesu
Joy Division
Lycia
Made Out of Babies
Minsk
Neurosis
Nocturnal Depression
October Tide
Pelican
Pinback
raison d'être
Red Sparowes
Septembre
Shape of Despair
Skepticism
Sparta
Stoa
Summoning
Swallow the Sun
Swans
Thergothon
Tomydeepestego
Tribes of Neurot
Unto Ashes

^
Finally, a mention of Joy Division. They made, hands down, the most depressing record ever, and that would be Closer. Ian Curtis committed suicide shortly after and many believe that the song "24 Hours" is his suicide note to the world. 26 years later, it still holds up, hard to listen to without feeling his despair.

Dirge for November by Opeth is realy depressive.

Does anyone know of any band that sounds like early Katatonia? BMD, DODS style.

are ther anyone who enjoy listening indie type of music.i have started to do it several times ago and i discovered very nice bands which have many gloomy and also zippy songs like bloc party,the departure,arctic monkeys etc. Finally i wanna indicate that melancholic songs are not made by ONLY doom/dark metal groups.most people know this thought well but i also know lots of people who are still preconceive against other types of metal music.
but that's unchangeable katatonia is the best band on the earth that makes depressive and stupefying songs!!!

BETHLEHEM - Dictius Te Necare

The songs 'Aphel - Die Schwarze Schlange' and 'Tagebuch Einer Totgeburt' will possibly destroy you. Seriously, they drag me straight down -- most depressing vocals ever.

Swallow the Sun's 'The Morning Never Came' has been excellent for me lately, too. Great album.

Xasthur, Forgotten Tomb, Leviathan, Weakling, and Rapture are also very highly recommended, especially Xasthur, Weakling, and Rapture.

I second the Swans. Also check out World of Skin, a side project of Gira and Jarboe.

Swans is definitely a good choice.

and........

SOLITUDE AETURNUS!!!!!!

Something about them lately have been driving me insane. I can't get enough!!!

Today I came across Bergraven from Sweden (where else...), I'm just into the 4th song of their "Dödsvisioner" album now, seriously bleak stuff. But really good, well-played, well-produced, well-performed and quite intriguing cover art.

Check it out: www.myspace.com/bergraven

153124.jpg

Great suggestion. I am buying this cd now. Thank you.

This will be a weird suggestion, but....

Buckethead - Electric Tears

Great album. Has some wonderful downtempo stuff.

check also...Portishead(dont shoot me plz!)very sad music imo...

also check:riverside,primordial(especially "the gathering wilderness"),callisto.

and 4 suicide listen to the bright eyes band(fevers and mirrors album)

:cry:

Great suggestion. I am buying this cd now. Thank you.
You're welcome! I should purchase the CD myself, cause I still haven't... :oops:

I would also like to second (and third and fourth...) my recommendation for the latest SHINING album, it's just incredible, seriously, you're missing out on a LOT when you're just passing it up because of the 'image' of this band. It is seriously magnificent. At least give it one full listen, you'll be amazed just how good it really is.