Looking for Depressive music

Agalloch fucking rules!! What is wrong with you guys?:lol:
But they are definitely NOT everyone's cup of tea. Give them another chance...I was iffy at first but they are definitely a grower.
If you don't like the vocals try the instrumental "Odal". It's amazing.

Odal was the first song by Agalloch I ever heard, and I loved it.
I like Agalloch pretty much (got all albums), but I really have to be in the right mood.
Yeah, not a band I could listen to daily either but when I throw on The Mantle on a dark and dreary day...there is something about that album that is so unique. The arrangements and the flow of the album is just outstanding.

Wow, that is fucking sick!!!!
Nice story about one of the vocalists who killed his mother with over 30 stabs on his 16th...

Yes, he was recently killed in a car accident:

Stalaggh released the following statement on July 17th, 2007:

"Last weekend one of our vocalists (the one who killed his mother at the age of 16) was killed in a car accident at the age of 29. He performed on several of our projekts. Now he is dead, we can finally tell why he killed his mother at such a young age. When he was between 6 and 11 years old he was sexually abused by his uncle. His mother knew about this and let it happen. Because of this such a murderous hatred towards his mother grew in his mind that at the age of 16 he killed her with over 30 knife stab wounds."

I met him once during negotiations for the cover artwork. His eyes were like 'dead', no emotions at all...so weird.

wow sick...but a cool idea I guess. It's one of those bands like SunnO))) that people are like what the fuck is this? or wow this shit is brilliant.

Bohren & Der Club of Gore, John Martyn, Tracy Chapman, Paatos, Ash ra Tempel, Tangerine Dream, Elbow, Interpol, The Gault, Shora, Some Honeychurch songs.. even though im not a fan,something like Dargaad aswell. Oh and that Sunno))) & Boris Collaoration is stunning, get that.

Interpol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!