Loudwire's top 10 death metal band list.

Well I believe that the Grindcore doesn't belong to a Death Metal top 10 list. They're different genres for a reason.

Grindcore isn't a subgenre of death metal its more formed from punk but a lot of grindcore bands are just as much death metal as they are grindcore.

Well, in fairness, it can be hard to justify calling bands without at least 2 great full-lengths a top band in any genre. Not that Slumber, Nespithe, Psychostasia, etc. aren't great.

Well, in fairness, it can be hard to justify calling bands without at least 2 great full-lengths a top band in any genre. Not that Slumber, Nespithe, Psychostasia, etc. aren't great.

You're dead right. They may have released albums worthy of 'top' status but I agree for a band to achieve 'top' status they need to have displayed some kind of longevity.

In that regard I'm a little surprised Master haven't been mentioned so far. While I think Death's albums are a lot better, I do consider Speckmann a bit of a legend within the genre. I really like Tony Lazaro and Vital Remains too...