Martin Axenrot

You are absolutely right! I dont know why they want to look like experts tho

because they think it validates themselves as experts by making such comments and then they expect kudos for being some unproven faceless know it all on forum somewhere.

'tis true i tell ye

People can't help being big-headed on the infranet, there is little chance of being proven wrong.

because they think it validates themselves as experts by making such comments and then they expect kudos for being some unproven faceless know it all on forum somewhere.

'tis true i tell ye

People can't help being big-headed on the infranet, there is little chance of being proven wrong.

i went to see one of my all time favourite bands and I was let down by the quality of the drumming. i in no way wish to pass myself off as an expert of anything. however, there is differences in style and there is less than perfect drumming. i don't expect him to instantly be able to play all of martin's parts perfectly, but when i go to see a band like opeth (3 times!!!) i expect the highest standard of playing. this was VERY noticably missing from all the gigs I attended. maybe it's bad luck, but even if he was having off nights, surely this is not acceptable for a band such as opeth.

i GUARANTEE there are plenty of people out there who could nail their way through every opeth album. why compromise?

perhaps there's someone with recordings of the opeth gigs from

Manchester Academy
Glasgow Garage
Glasgow ABC

If you listen to it i am certain you will hear the same inconsitencies and mistakes I heard.

you people bitch way too much. maybe if you say axe sucks just a little bit more that'll make lopez come back, i mean, is that what you all are hoping for? just drop this argument.

yes he makes mistakes at the concerts, he's human, everyone in opeth makes mistakes at every concert, the drums are just easier to notice. from what i cant tell by most of the people i hear from it seems like axe is improving. so just let him progress for fucking crying out loud.

Reactions: in_absentia
Saw them at the London Roundhouse show, blew me away. Loved the improvisation on some of the songs.
Axe nailed it and was more entertaining to watch than Lopez (dont get me wrong....Lopez is my favourite drummer for style but he's that good that he looks bored on stage)
I'm very excited to hear Axe's contribution on the next album; with more of a metal background and Mikes new 'twisted' ideas...this album is going to destroy!

i went to see one of my all time favourite bands and I was let down by the quality of the drumming. i in no way wish to pass myself off as an expert of anything. however, there is differences in style and there is less than perfect drumming. i don't expect him to instantly be able to play all of martin's parts perfectly, but when i go to see a band like opeth (3 times!!!) i expect the highest standard of playing. this was VERY noticably missing from all the gigs I attended. maybe it's bad luck, but even if he was having off nights, surely this is not acceptable for a band such as opeth.

i GUARANTEE there are plenty of people out there who could nail their way through every opeth album. why compromise?

perhaps there's someone with recordings of the opeth gigs from

Manchester Academy
Glasgow Garage
Glasgow ABC

If you listen to it i am certain you will hear the same inconsitencies and mistakes I heard.

well said. I doubt people are "wanting to be experts" here. I agree with you if you pay the money to see Opeth and want to comment on the show you have that right. People here want to sweep axe's playing under the rug and act like there is no noticeable difference.

There may be a difference because they are two different drummers. When I heard one of the songs with axe online, i actually thought i was hearing a highschool drummer stand in. :erk:

well said. I doubt people are "wanting to be experts" here. I agree with you if you pay the money to see Opeth and want to comment on the show you have that right. People here want to sweep axe's playing under the rug and act like there is no noticeable difference.

There may be a difference because they are two different drummers. When I heard one of the songs with axe online, i actually thought i was hearing a highschool drummer stand in. :erk:

well since you're so anti-axe then what the fuck do you think opeth should do? u assholes bring out every negative thing in axe and forget that opeth is on tour and still alive because of him. you have no solution to your problem's with him because all you guys want to do is bitch. spare this forum anymore shit.

well since you're so anti-axe then what the fuck do you think opeth should do? u assholes bring out every negative thing in axe and forget that opeth is on tour and still alive because of him. you have no solution to your problem's with him because all you guys want to do is bitch. spare this forum anymore shit.

Well said. I think the solution for those Axes haters is that they should bring their headphones and listen to the album during the concert if they want the highest standard of playing. Axe is an awesome drummer!

Axe haters are entitled to thier opinion. The frustrating part is reading bitch after bitch without the post ending with, "and that's why I'm not going to see them live again nor am I going to buy any new records. At least I've got the 8 records and DVD's to enjoy. Bye!".... because frankly the change has been made, the band is happy and I would say the majority of fans are either happy w/ the choice or are reserving judgment for the insertion of Axe into the next record.

Btw, comparing Axe to "a High School drummer stand-in" is borderline trolling IMO.

^^no, he is a fucking amazing drummer. just face the fact that he is never going to sound exactly like lopez, nobody will. opeth have progressed now, and lopez was obviously holding them back to some extent during the last year or so he was in the band. axe has enabled them to get gigging and bring out more albums in the future.

Axe haters are entitled to thier opinion. The frustrating part is reading bitch after bitch without the post ending with, "and that's why I'm not going to see them live again nor am I going to buy any new records. At least I've got the 8 records and DVD's to enjoy. Bye!".... because frankly the change has been made, the band is happy and I would say the majority of fans are either happy w/ the choice or are reserving judgment for the insertion of Axe into the next record.

Btw, comparing Axe to "a High School drummer stand-in" is borderline trolling IMO.

screw you! ban me....there are way too many "nut-huggers" here anyways that are afraid to go against popular opinion. :puke:

what an unnecessary ban... he was simply making a point that is actually quite agreeable. he just chose the wrong words to express it :erk:

Are you referring to his, "Screw you! Ban me!" point? or that I as the moderator only allow nut-swinging fan boy comments that don't question any of the bands decisions or direction? Surely you didn't read every post... but even if you did I'm sure you realize by now I'm not putting up with that shit anymore.