Martin Axenrot

Mr Samsara said:
I suppose most of you... when your wives/girlfriends would make you a cake... would be the ones that would respond with, "That is a really good cake, honey.... but, the sprinkles are not the same color of the last cake you made and the way you spread the frosting is not as smooth as I would have liked it." And the rest of us feel like the girlfriend who is completely justified in grabbing a fist full of cake and punching you in the mouth with the fist full of cake yelling, "HERE's your cake you ungrateful fucking bastard!" and then throwing all of your shit out on the front yard.

oh my...one of the worst analogies of all time, not to mention pathetical :puke:

extolfan said:
oh my...one of the worst analogies of all time, not to mention pathetical :puke:

Well why don't you spin us one of your epic yarns, Socrates.

But perhaps you've stumbled on something and I just haven't done a proper job of expressing my total disdain for those who continually come here and whine and whine and bitch and cry about how Opeth isn't making Morningrise again or play BRI live or keep the same line up or only played a few songs or made a shitty video or didn't play the set list you wanted them to play or signed to the wrong label or used album artwork that you didn't approve or the sound at the show you went to wasn't perfect where you sat/stood or there is too much talking between songs or didn't play at the venue down the street from you or didn't play a show in another country for free so they're sellouts or there's not enough blast-beats or the lyrics appear to be pulled from a thesaurus or they didn't make a Blackmetal record or they added a keyboard player or they play too slow live...... and on and on. THAT my friend is much closer to the definition of pathetical than I will ever get.

Reactions: Seance
Mr Samsara said:
You can't possibly be speaking to me directly.:rolleyes:

You're right. Sorry about quoting you.

ViCyniC said:
What part of India are you from? Is Opeth a familiar name amongst music fans over there?

I know that my cousin over at Bangalore is familiar with Opeth's music.

Jalandhar, Punjab. And no, its not. Most people in the north arent aware of what this genre is about. Musical tastes are heavily doped in commercial pop and folk.

And yes, parts like Bangalore and the rest of the south do have metal listeners in quite abundance.

Mr Samsara said:
Well why don't you spin us one of your epic yarns, Socrates.

But perhaps you've stumbled on something and I just haven't done a proper job of expressing my total disdain for those who continually come here and whine and whine and bitch and cry about how Opeth isn't making Morningrise again or play BRI live or keep the same line up or only played a few songs or made a shitty video or didn't play the set list you wanted them to play or signed to the wrong label or used album artwork that you didn't approve or the sound at the show you went to wasn't perfect where you sat/stood or there is too much talking between songs or didn't play at the venue down the street from you or didn't play a show in another country for free so they're sellouts or there's not enough blast-beats or the lyrics appear to be pulled from a thesaurus or they didn't make a Blackmetal record or they added a keyboard player or they play too slow live...... and on and on. THAT my friend is much closer to the definition of pathetical than I will ever get.

I believe this is a good place for....

Oh snap.

I was so fucking suprised when I saw how Mikael explain to you guys. If I were him, then I would piss upon your head for your stupid ideas. With me, Opeth is a kind of supreme thing and I never offend them with any reason.

Besides, see how hard they word, how friendly they are with you guys, I felt really hurt for Martin's leave, but with me, Opeth is important than Martin. As long as I can see the ultimate "O" logo in the live show, I still believe and put all of my musical love in Opeth.

Stop moaning and yelling that them, someday, when they disband, you guys will feel regret for the f**king silly things that you've done to them.

its so cool that...even though they are famous..Mike finds teh time to coem here adn engage in a nice lil debate...aweosme...thats relaly cool of you Mikael...!!!...well Ive seen opeth with Holganand Axe...never with Lopezx.....and I can say that Holgan adn Axe both sounded perfectly fien to me....and Im comparign them to the Lamentations Lopez preformaces...i didnt see any slowing down or anyhting....i likes it ....good performances all of them...speailly the one with Axe......theyt did Face of melinda and his drumming was jsut as good as it gets..!!!........PEAC EOUT

I saw Opeth last night. Axenrot was as tight as a gnats chuff. I seriously dont think there is anything to worry about for the future.
Mike introduced him as Legolas. Rofl.

having seen opeth last night in exter i can honestly say axe is a fucking great drummer, he was far better than i expected him to be..............and this talk about him slowing down the songs is bullshit, he played everything totally flawlessly.

Like people have said before, he's inconsistent. The first time I saw them with Axe, he was flawless. The second time he screwed up a little, but was ok, and the third time he sucked.

Like people have said before, he's inconsistent. The first time I saw them with Axe, he was flawless. The second time he screwed up a little, but was ok, and the third time he sucked.

so pretty much the opposite of what Mike said hmm?

exactly! what would Mike know about the drummer he hired for his band and has played hundreds of lives shows with?!?!

i've seen them 3 times now and found him EXTREMELY dissapointing every time. what's worse, is that over the course of the 3 show's, he doesn't seem to have improved at all. not that this necissarily validates my opinion, but I am a drummer.

meh, i think he is pretty awesome. but i guess we will only really how good he is on their next album.