martins drumming

Sanzen said:
There's a bit of a difference between a trigger and a sample, though. I think some people are getting a bit confused as to what each one actually is.

when talking about drums, the word "trigger" actually means "to trigger".....which means to trigger a sample.

JoeVice said:
when talking about drums, the word "trigger" actually means "to trigger".....which means to trigger a sample.

Hey man, i've been playing drums for 9 years, you're preaching to the choir. I think some other folks were confused about how a trigger system works, especially:

mylovedenied said:
When you trigger a drum, you hook a mic up to the drum, like normal.

blimey said:
Drumming was "programmed" on Deliverance.

JoeVice said:
actually, it was triggered...i think i heard of a 50% mix on the harmony-central forums....that is probably for toms, snare, and kick...i'm not sure about that though, but it does sound that way.

:lol:

I also want to add that I think Axenrot is on his way to becoming the next Opeth drummer unless Lopez gets his shit together and soon.

its too bad that the production on their new album makes his drums sound like cardboard.
Yeah i didnt like that much the drum sound on GR...

Axenrot seems like he will be the next opeth drummer...
With all due respect to Axe, Lopez is still Opeth's drummer for me.
Plus Im dying to see my south american fella Lopez behind the skins on february with my other Yurugua fella Mendez...:loco:
Best wishes for Lopez...