Master Bus Plugins (Saturation & Compression)

GAAHR, NO!

If it has Mastering in the title, AVOID! Limiters are crippled, retarded compressors that are infinitely bitchier and less useful for no reason at all! I'm being chased by alligators and all I can think about is preserving dynamics while mastering! Help!

Jeff

theres a ssl setting posted somewhere... on the metric halo site.
p.m me your email and ill send you the setting/ jpeg

sslmasterbus.png

this is my take on the ssl style prest for channelstrip. though i changed it from fast, coz that pumped a bit much for me

Found this on KVR the other day. It sounds quite good to me on vocals.

"TesslaSE - modelling pleasant sounding 'electric effects' coming from transformer coupled tube circuits in a digital controlled fashion.

at a glance:
• transformer style signal saturation
• smooth transient polishing and increased RMS leveling
• subtle analog style signal colouration
• switchable sub bass enhancements"

TesslaSE1.0.png

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202790

bumping this thread but it sucks that the phoenix and a bunch of good "tape" comps and emulators are not available for NON TDM...

i use waves ssl and api generally on 2 bus and have been using SSL pretty much for metal but my next project i am going to try out the api as well. the api works well for a jazz mix i did...

but regardless i wish some of those good tape emulators were available native.

i was thinking the other day about how i use the massey tape head on the stereo bus to emulate the tape saturation. but from a more realistic perspective, wouldn't it sound more like everything was recorded to tape if you plugged it on each track? might eat up a bit of cpu if you're native. has anyone tried this or do you think it would make any difference?

edit: thanks for the list daunt!