Extreme Master Bus Processing: Compression and Saturation (FaderWear Guides)

You stated that you prefer to use two satuation plug-ins with mild setting on each. Which two saturation plugins do you prefer?

Sorry if I missed this in your article but I didn't see it.

You stated that you prefer to use two satuation plug-ins with mild setting on each. Which two saturation plugins do you prefer?

Sorry if I missed this in your article but I didn't see it.

Lately I've been using digitalfishphones THD (tube) and JB Ferox (tape). Both of them are free VST plugins. These are nice plugins but I'm sure there are better ones available (for a lot of money). I really like the LiquidMix Grinder A compressor and Waves SSL is pretty damn good too.

Thanks, great stuff, well explained and practical. I will defiantly use two tube/tape Plugs subtlety, rather than one extreme. Will be checking back for more tips.

So ... now all I need would be a great (free) tube-saturation-plugin for mac :D
Have you got some suggestions/presets/favourite settings for Vintage Warmer?

Another excellent guide thanks for that!

Nice to know someone has a similar approach to myself in relation to master bus processing. I don't feel so nervous now when it comes to messing around with it.

I have to say, I've read all your guides and I've found them all to be very informative, inspiring and reassuring.

Thanks!

great guide! thanks for sharing. i enjoyed your last one on drums quite a bit too.

i love the Ferox plug. it's really nice. i have had the THD for awhile - but never put it to use. i've played with both today on my master and i am liking what i hear!

would you be willing to share a few general settings for both these plugs you've used in the past? i understand no two mixes are the same, but just trying to get some 'starting points' and settings used by someone more experienced than myself. i do experiment with the Ferox presets - but don't see any on the THD plug.

finally - i noticed some activity on my master bus once i put the THD plug on - nothing playing. kinda like 'line noise' coming through. i guess it suppose to be the tape noise/saturation? nothing extreme, but a little unsettling nonetheless. i've noticed it with Ferox too.

thanks.