Aggressive Drums: The Recording Guide (FaderWear Guides)

Needs moar cowbell.

"Bruce dickinson", LOL

Love the documentation, and the tips are ace. Even for a seasoned pro or a beginner like me, this is a must read.

Bought, I'll get round to reading it real soon, just the table of contents looks awesome! One tip though, it reads fine on my kindle, but it isn't exactly kindle friendly because of the size and position of the text and that it's only PDF, Ermz's guide is in all modern formats including kindle format which is (duh) much better for reading on a kindle or an iPhone (my two reading devices)

I mean that as constructive criticism, but the book looks great anyways, great job and thanks for doing it!

Bought, I'll get round to reading it real soon, just the table of contents looks awesome! One tip though, it reads fine on my kindle, but it isn't exactly kindle friendly because of the size and position of the text and that it's only PDF, Ermz's guide is in all modern formats including kindle format which is (duh) much better for reading on a kindle or an iPhone (my two reading devices)

I mean that as constructive criticism, but the book looks great anyways, great job and thanks for doing it!

Thank you. I will definitely consider these other formats but at this point I don't have the resources to do it.

Purchased. Read it in a hurry yesterday as i was tracking drums in the pm. Really interesting approach on overheads as for everything else. I ended up with minimal phase cancellation and with snare dead center first try wow! Your book is a nice tool at an affordable price. Thanks for that

Despite Jon's proofreading, I actually found a few small mistakes, grammatical mistakes, no big deal at all but I tend to notice those things a lot.

Apart from that, I loved it, very clear and informative, will read again because it usually takes me 2 or 3 full reads to actually grasp everything, but that's just me. I must say though, for a non-native English speaker (just assuming you are), your English is very good and comes across great in the book except for 2 or 3 small mistakes.

Hi Dan
Do you remember what some of the grammatical mistakes were? I'm not a professional proofreader, just an English speaking blogger so I don't know all the rules.

I don't, but I'll make sure to point them out on my second read if you like, in private cause I don't wanna look like a snob hahaha I notice more simply because I teach English for a living, I correct mistakes in writings every day (although I'm not a native of USA, I'm a native speaker because I was raised there).

I agree the layout is great, the fact that the text is only in a small percentage of the page makes it a bit bothersome to read on a kindle but not impossible, I think it would be perfect for an iPad or similar device though

Edit: right now I'm reading Bjorgvin's live sound book (or however his name is spelled) which I bought a couple days ago, and 30% in I've already found 2 small mistakes, sometimes I wish amazon or someone allowed people to post "correction suggestions" or something like that haha mistakes happen to everyone, that's why big fish authors always use tons of proof reading and editing, and some Cambridge text books for examples still have mistakes.

I'm glad you like it! If you find ANY mistakes, let me know. And yes, I'm a non-native English speaker. I really try to keep my text easy to read, because many times when I read Sound on Sound or other pro audio mags, I can't understand shit! :lol:

Bought !
Not readed yet, but it looks very nice and complete.
Thanks a lot for all the hard work you putted into this guide, it will be very helpful :)