Master Bus Plugins (Saturation & Compression)

Could you please share your usual Waves API setting on 2bus for metal? (not ultra fast metal) There are many mysterious options, so I´d like to know where I can start :) Thanks!

i generally like to kind of monitor the GR meter and make sure i am not comping at the biggest part of the song by 4db as i find the api is a bit more aggressive than the ssl to my ears at least which i feel can comp to 6 even for metal if it calls for it. but it's personal taste.

i like like 4db GR at 3:1-4:1 with attack and release set accordingly but generally they are pretty moderate with the attack on the slower side like 30ms or so and a pretty fast release.

i like the soft knee mode with no thrust and the "new" feed forward comp.

and i leave push in the manual gain make up and leave it at 0, or sometimes i'll let it auto gain makeup depends.

the api seems a bit more aggressive to me wheras the ssl kind of smears and smacks it more whereas the api like pummels and squishes so i dunno it's subjective and i don't have enough experience with bus comps to be talking just kind of sharing my insights.

until i can afford to get fatsos and analog mixers and such i think i'm gonna shoot for like the psp vintage warmer just something at the end of the chain to add a little dirt to my mixes. seeing as how it is intended for the 2 bus i think it may work well. i wish they made the mcdsp and the massey stuff for native not only PT but hey gotta make due.