Me out of Bloodbath

Am I the only one who hates Katatonia with a passion? Sure, Viva Emptiness was cool on a radio-rock kind of average level, but Great Cold Distance is utter shit. It's like a more pussified version of V.E., without all the things that made V.E. decent. I don't follow the hype and praise musicians because they may be "legendary" so forgive me for hating those bastards, especially more now.

I liked the comments earlier, about them saying Dan was pussifying BB being similar to a midget calling you short! And yes, Katatonia is about as pussified as a baby kitten.

Oinkness said:
Am I the only one who hates Katatonia with a passion? Sure, Viva Emptiness was cool on a radio-rock kind of average level, but Great Cold Distance is utter shit. It's like a more pussified version of V.E., without all the things that made V.E. decent. I don't follow the hype and praise musicians because they may be "legendary" so forgive me for hating those bastards, especially more now.

I liked the comments earlier, about them saying Dan was pussifying BB being similar to a midget calling you short! And yes, Katatonia is about as pussified as a baby kitten.
Katatonia are godly. Watch your tone, son. :rolleyes:

This thread is going downhill. I laughed at Kiekans post, really funny, but the Katatonia-bashing is getting a bit redicilous now. I dont like the way they kicked him and what they wrote either. But the pussyfying-thing sounds like it was a missunderstanding, or jumping to conclusion based on something Dan wrote here on this forum about upcoming projects etc. So i dont think its very relevant. They should have picked up the phone, thats that.
Anyway, now you guys are kinda doing the same thing here, bitching about Katatonia beeing pussies etc. Why? Dont you think they know that they have gone softer with Katatonia? So what? Should i start comparing Katatonia to Nightingale and bring this kindergarden war even lower? I thought this was about Bloodbath, you know Anders and Jonas wrote the other 2 thirds of Bloodbaths material, and its fucking brutal.

Kiekan said:
This is the discussion between Blackheim and Renske before kicking Dan from Bloodbath:

Blackhiem: Renske we need him out... he makes us look really bad.
Renske: But... but... I can't do it to his face!
Blackhiem: Well... we need to think of something I can't live in his shadow any longer! I want to be known for my hardcore non-pussiness!
Renske: But... you and I both write Katatonia's music... we really aren't that hardcore...
Blackhiem: With that attitude we aren't hardcore and with Dan showing us up with his brutal lyrics and godly talents we won't ever get a chance to be considered.
Renske: You're right... but how do we kick him out I can't bear to do it...
Blackhiem: I can't do it to his face... I may cry... I know! Lets write him an e-mail saying "Your services are no longer needed" So we sound like bad asses!
Renske: Totally! Then we can be like "Dan's not good enough for us!"
Blackhiem: Yeah! and then we can post on Bloodbath's site that he tried to pussify us!
Renske: But didn't we try to pussify it with our depressive rock-ness?
Blackhiem: Shh! Don't let anyone hear you say that out loud! If we tell everyone that HE did then they won't hate us and think we're cool!
Renske: Man Blackhiem you think of EVERYTHING!
Blackhiem: Sure do! Now lets write that e-mail!

HAHAHAAH!!! ure the man kiekan...that was funny as hell, true as well....haha, laughing my ass off

Qth said:
This thread is going downhill. I laughed at Kiekans post, really funny, but the Katatonia-bashing is getting a bit redicilous now. I dont like the way they kicked him and what they wrote either. But the pussyfying-thing sounds like it was a missunderstanding, or jumping to conclusion based on something Dan wrote here on this forum about upcoming projects etc. So i dont think its very relevant. They should have picked up the phone, thats that.
Anyway, now you guys are kinda doing the same thing here, bitching about Katatonia beeing pussies etc. Why? Dont you think they know that they have gone softer with Katatonia? So what? Should i start comparing Katatonia to Nightingale and bring this kindergarden war even lower? I thought this was about Bloodbath, you know Anders and Jonas wrote the other 2 thirds of Bloodbaths material, and its fucking brutal.

Amen!

mattcira said:
Does this mean that every single fucking Bloodbath song will be about getting dumped, being depressed and contemplating suicide like every single fucking Katatonia song??

Also, did Katatonia start to become pussified before or AFTER Tonight's Decision was released?? If so, was that Dan's fault, too?? Ya know, since he played drums on it?? Are they trying to say that Dan is a soft hitter??

yes.

no, they did become pussies before the tonight's decision album.
ever heard of "Discourged Ones" ?

the only good katatonia albums is and will be "Brave Murder Day" and "Sounds Of Decay EP".

Qth said:

This is about everything u know?
btw, Nightingale ROCK!:kickass: katatonia DONT! :lol:
easy as that you see...

The only one to use the word pussify was Dan, not Anders or Jonas to clear things up! All Anders put up was Dan wanted to make death metal of a less brutal kind(which is bullshit) but that's the way it goes.

Well with the way some are acting, I don't think they did or did not thoroughly read what was said or comprehend it because their emotions got the best of them.

Qth said:

I really think you missed a few of the posts in the thread, or simply chose not to read them. 95% of the "Katatonia is a bunch of fucktards" posts are jokes.

Some people take this way too seriously. First off, it is an internet discussion forum. Secondly, we are Swano fans. He got kicked out of a band that HE started. We are going to make fun of the other members of the band - to stick up for "the man" - Dan Swano.

Jeez. Are you a member of Katatonia? No? Then why take it so personally?? Why not just fall in line and make a stupid joke based on stereotypes or preconceived notions "metal" people may have regarding Katatonia.. here's an example: "Katatonia sucks so hard, they can't even spell the band name right."

EDIT: and one last thing... Why is it that if I say Katatonia is pure pussy metal, I get berated for doing so - when I have mentioned numerous times that I like Katatonia, I listen to them regularly and own all of their releases.. Why? I can like a band and own all of the albums and still call them Pussy Metal. Face it, whether your opinion of Katatonia is good, bad or indifferent, they are still pussy metal.