Me out of Bloodbath

All it boils down too is that everyone is jealous that Dan can play his guitar backwards and strung upside down and they can't lol

I'm actually not going to read all 4 pages. I like the Breeding Death mini, but for the rest Bloodbath is not that much a deal for me. Though it's a bit of a pitty the other members (of which I do like their other bands) reacted that way. Swanö #1!

personally, i'm glad that u r out of Bloodbath...i can't wait to hear more stuff from you in the veins of moontower to which you should put all your death metal needs :)

me too :) besides, bloodbath wasn't moving anywhere anyway. dan wasn't kicked out of a band, he was kicked out of a project, and a pretty disfunctional one at that anyway.

we'll get second sky, we'll get more dan-metal, i don't care that much. although i would love to see dan on stage in a metal band some time :)

The fucking hilarious thing about this internet pissing match (which it seems to be) is that the guys from Katatonia are effectively calling Dan a pussy.

Is it just me, or is Katatonia about as Pussified as a metal band could be?? Anyone remember Brave Muder Day? What happened since then - Pussification!

Katatonia = the Cure with a distortion pedal.

mattcira said:
The fucking hilarious thing about this internet pissing match (which it seems to be) is that the guys from Katatonia are effectively calling Dan a pussy.

Is it just me, or is Katatonia about as Pussified as a metal band could be?? Anyone remember Brave Muder Day? What happened since then - Pussification!

Katatonia = the Cure with a distortion pedal.
Brave Muder Day? They had already started the "pussifying process", if you wish, back then. Don't get me wrong here. I love Brave Murder Day and Sounds of Decay. And their new stuff is pretty good as well. But I do prefer their rawer debut Dance of December Souls.

Stilgar said:
Brave Muder Day? They had already started the "pussifying process", if you wish, back then. Don't get me wrong here. I love Brave Murder Day and Sounds of Decay. And their new stuff is pretty good as well. But I do prefer their rawer debut Dance of December Souls.
I agree there (on most accounts). The thing is, I can't listen to a thing after Brave Murder Day. It's just all crap to me.

I agree with stilgar...Murder can be sung with clean vocals without changing anything else in the song and you get today's typical depression rock katatonia...Muder as an instrumental isn't very metal

paradoxile said:
I agree with stilgar...Murder can be sung with clean vocals without changing anything else in the song and you get today's typical depression rock katatonia...Muder as an instrumental isn't very metal

Why is everyone typing Muder?? Was it because of my fuck up??? :Smug:

Anyway, why can't something with clean vocals still be brutal and non-pussified?? Are you saying that Losing Myself, Black Tears, etc are all pussified, too?? So was Draconian Times pussy metal? I think not.

Comparing October Tide & Brave Murder Day versus the Jeff Buckley wannabe post-estrogen therapy Katatonia are two entirely different things. I personally thought Brave Murder Day was fucking brutal and VERY eeeevil... (maybe it was just Dan's production that did the trick :heh:)

My point wasn't anything to do with Katatonia being or not being pussified, more along the lines of "considering the source". A member (or two) from Katatonia calling Dan Swano's musical prowess "pussified" is like a fucking midget calling me short.

Don't bash Katatonia. It's a great band, their new album is nothing but amazing. I don't like that Dan is out of BB, but I don't want to let out my anger on other bands.

Unicorn said:
Don't bash Katatonia. It's a great band, their new album is nothing but amazing. I don't like that Dan is out of BB, but I don't want to let out my anger on other bands.
Hehe. That's why I said "Don't get me wrong". :) Katatonia is a great band and I have most of their albums. I was just commenting on the earler stated fact that their music used to be more brutal.

I guess it's because it was with DoDS that I first started listening to them that I prefer that style. When they dropped the whole death/doom style, I stopped listening to them for a while (I guess I wasn't ready for that change at the time), but later I started listening to their newer stuff again and started appreciating that style as well.

I also saw them live a few months ago. They were great, even though they didn't play any of their older material. :) I must admit that It would have been fun hearing Without God live, but since I never expected them to play any of their songs with growling, I wasn't disappointed at all.