Me out of Bloodbath

My initial reaction to this was pretty neutral, as I don´t really care (sorry) about Bloodbath as a band and there are only a few of their songs that I enjoyed while I had the cds in my player (few days :p) - but the way dan was "asked" to leave seems pretty arrogant to me.. I would have respected it if they would have just talked about the issues with Dan not wanting to tour so much, but masquerading "his leaving" with made up "musical differences" is pretty weak.

I´m looking forward to see how long the remaining members will be able to maintain the band.

Dan, don´t worry, if you decide to make another DM-based album I´m sure it will be way better than anything Bloodbath could do :)

It's a shame things worked out this way, since I really enjoy Bloodbath (esp Dan's songs). If this split up means there will be another Death Metal project from Dan in the near future, it doesn't seem all that bad though.

madu said:
Everyone's going to hate me for saying this, but I don't mind this at all. I didn't like Bloodbath that much, meanwhile I *love* Moontower and Crimson II, and if this means there's going to be more stuff in the vein of Moontower and Crimson II, this 'pussified death metal', I'm going to be much happier than if there was three new Bloodbath albums.

I pretty much agree, there were a few BB songs that were cool, but I never really got into them. Don't despair Dan, things usually happen for a reason. Down the road, you may look back and think it was a blessing is disguise. BTW that email was totally unprofessional. The way I understood it, there was a friendship there, not just a professional relationship. That’s just too bad I guess, but the Idea of a new Swano metal project is quite exciting!

Rob

I think this is pretty cool news...and as said, Dan's songs were/is the best. and as said again...Mike and Dan's "attitude" is much more mature even if Mike has his freaky jokes here and there :p
+ i dont like katatonia....emo shit. Bloodbath just seems to be a disguise for them IMO.
and how can u kick out the most important member? BY MAIL haha....anyway i dont know how it feels to be in a band but recieving a mail who says im kicked out of the band.....ah god...thats weak.

I hope there will be a new crimson death/prog kind of thing. Thats make Dan so special...creative as hell, superb skills on many instruments, knowledge about sound mastering and stuff too. IMO he IS the real musician in the band...okey, enough cheese from my side..As you can assume....Im a real swanö fan :)

Timmeth, im with u man :D

He'll be able to use whatever Bloodbath ideas he had as well for his own projects too which should be great, so we should still get some brutal music coming from him! Whatever he does though, it will be great, Dan will never let us down.

Are bloodbath's best songs really Dan's? Off the top of my head I recall "So you die" and "Eaten" as being Dan's, and they rock. Does anyone have a complete listing of the songs Dan wrote?

So You Die
The Soulcollector
Like Fire
Cry My Name
Brave New Hell
Eaten
The Ascension
Stillborn Saviour

various parts on Breeding Death

Heh I guess it's true then. Dan wrote the best Bloodbath stuff. So you die, cry my name, soul collector, and like fire are my favorites from RTC. (And Death Delirium, who wrote that one?)

Eaten is the best track off of NMF and of course It's a swano title, that's awesome. Good work man!

Can anyone else smell katatonia-esque rock ballads on next Bloodbath album or cheesy cliche swano impersonations? :lol:

The real laughter will come when Axenrot leaves Bloodbath for Opeth and they come crawling back to the Swaninator. ;)