Me out of Bloodbath

Tumn said:
It's like Svaneh or something, I don't know how to type it to make it sound right.
Maybe Dan can shed some light on his last name for us illterate Americans lol

After being introduced to the basics of Swedish, I encourage Americans to just give up. The vowels are ridiculous and damn near interchangeable.

I was more confident when I had no clue and just said "Swan-Oh", but now that I know that's wrong, but can never get the correct shade of "eeuuhhh" for the last bit, it's a mess. But then I feel weird saying his first name all Swedishtized when I can't do the last name right.

Whoever said "Knowledge is Power" deserves a kick in the balls. heh.

Anyway, he's now known in this household as "Don from Nightingale" if I'm feeling particularly international-like, or "Dan from Nightingale" when I'm actually trying to communicate something useful and don't want to quibble over vowels.

Bummer to hear, but at least you will have some free time to work on your future death/brutal album you spoke of. And honestly, I don't think Bloodbath is worthy to have you as a full time member. Good luck with everything

\m/

Completely agreed! Swanü is making a brutal death album? I had not heard anything but I hope it kicks ass, as I'm sure it very well could! It shouldn't be like a Bloodbath tribute though, it could easily surpass Bloodbath... I mean hell, look at that list Tumn posted.... those are all the best Bloodbath tracks! They probably don't realize at what a severe loss they are and of course with such skill as Swanü has to have written those, he could surely make the most amazing brutal death album ever. Hopefully he'll make somewhat of a return to the RTC style though, that was brilliant. Dan has the support of me and my bands. :)

Salvatore said:
"I recieved an email from Blakkheim today where I saw that my services as a member of Bloodbath was no longer required"

I know they are old time friends but this Email thing sounds like a little bitch move.
Do they not have telephones is Sweden? Did Blakkheim not have the balls to fire him in person? It does not seem to be respectful way to do things. :erk:
It's better than the way I got removed from a local band, via a MySpace message they sent overnight right after a practice session. And the excuse was gay, they said I "wasn't communicative enough" for the band. But yeah I agree, bands usually do the whole "insulting the other guys" thing when they do dick moves like this. Just read the statement on bloodbath.biz, it's totally angsty, emo, and insulting to the Swanünator. ;)

Danimal said:
No singer? I thought YOU were their new singer!

Oh God dude, I was just listening to Pale Haunt, Paul's vocals are the best death vocals I've ever heard. Plus he's got a bit of Swanü in his growls... I don't think Paul would bother with Bloodbath now though eh? They'd eventually kick him out saying "Paul was more interested in immitating Frank Sinatra than doing brutal growls"... hehe... that was possibly the most ignorant part of their little rant on bloodbath.biz. :p P.S. Paul named my band, Hehe, haven't really talked to him since he did though. That was like, Summer '05!

Well, I feel weird about it. I love Blakkie and shit he does, but after that little pussy email shit...COME ON MATE:yuk:

I thought friends suppose to be above the drama. Sounds like fucking nightwish shit. I am really pissed about it and not sure if I will pick up next BB album if it ever comes out. Dan WAS BB. That is what made that band special, him and Mike. And now they are both gone and so is BB for me.

But like everyone else said, I am excited if another heavy solo Dan project will come out of it.

Dan is the man. Fuck BB, they going to suck without Dan

Jim LotFP said:
After being introduced to the basics of Swedish, I encourage Americans to just give up. The vowels are ridiculous and damn near interchangeable.
Well... My wife is from the US, and she's doing fine with the vowels.

Jim LotFP said:
I was more confident when I had no clue and just said "Swan-Oh", but now that I know that's wrong, but can never get the correct shade of "eeuuhhh" for the last bit, it's a mess. But then I feel weird saying his first name all Swedishtized when I can't do the last name right.
"S" pronounced as "S" in "Swan"
"W" pronounced as "V" in "Have"
"A" pronounced as "A" in "Dawn"
"N" pronounced as "N" in "Swan"
"Ö" pronounced as "U" in "Turn"

Jim LotFP said:
Whoever said "Knowledge is Power" deserves a kick in the balls. heh.
:p

Jim LotFP said:
Anyway, he's now known in this household as "Don from Nightingale" if I'm feeling particularly international-like, or "Dan from Nightingale" when I'm actually trying to communicate something useful and don't want to quibble over vowels.
It would actually be closer to "Dawn" than "Don".

I thought Bloodbath was supposed to be a fun side project amongst drunken colleagues...(spell check)

Half of the original band is gone now and the last record wasn't nearly as good as the first two. Now there are email firings and squabbling. This is turning into Guns and Roses.

Good luck Dan. I've lost all hope on BB with the departure of first Mike and now you. Your songs were always the best anyway.

I look forward to your new death metal project, which I hope will be a mix of Crimson/Moontower and some super brutal BB stuff. :)

Also, I look forward to your Second Sky and a future Odyssey-like release with your clean, aggressive vocals. You're the man!

Hmm, I'm actually quite shocked,

Since when is it possible to kick out someone who is actually one of the founders of a band? I also agree that Dan's songs are the best, especially "Eaten".

I also read that the other guys don't want to include "Eaten" on the Wacken dvd. As far as I can remember, this song was wiithout any doubt the coolest part of this intire bloody festival!!!

ps, the guys better pay Dan a hell lot of money from the dvd that wil bring billions!

Hertog said:
I also read that the other guys don't want to include "Eaten" on the Wacken dvd. As far as I can remember, this song was wiithout any doubt the coolest part of this intire bloody festival!!!

No, it was going to be included on the Official Wacken 2005 DVD, but due to the stupid record label bullshit that is also preventing Bloodbath from releasing their full show, they were unable to put anything on it.

I'm sad Dan isn't in bloodbath anymore...kinda hard to imagine bloodbath without Dan but as said earlier if Dan has some written material for bloodbath he could use it now for his own gutripping project(note the Uncreation Demo-the one with samples from the future Crimson 2)

now for a swedish lesson
pronounciation
å - aw or au like in Austria or Australia
ä- e like in hell
ö -like french eu or as mentioned earlier like u in hurt
ü - sounds like ew...like in eeeewwww that's disgusting

swedish pronounciation is a bit harder when it comes to actual swedish accent
I believe most non swedish speakers would pronounce Dan like Den or like Dunn and prounouce Dag like Doug(las)
when in fact it sounds more like Dawn and Dawg

any of the swedes or Dan or Dag themselves can correct me if I'm wrong about this

Hertog said:
Hmm, I'm actually quite shocked,

Since when is it possible to kick out someone who is actually one of the founders of a band? I also agree that Dan's songs are the best, especially "Eaten".

This occurred to me as well. It'd be like kicking Dave Mustaine out of Megadeth or Ozzy Ozzbourne out of Ozzy Ozzbourne. :zombie: