Hi there!!

I figured there would be a lot of questions
circulating about "me out of Bloodbath" so

I just would like to make a few comments
before the rumours kicks in.

I recieved an email from Blakkheim today
where I saw that my services as a member of

Bloodbath was no longer required.
I Must admit I didn´t see that one coming!!

But... can totally see what the other guys
are thinking about.
(Tried to do the same to the E.O.S. guys in 97
.......but that one backfired pretty badly..ha, ha!!)
Blakkheim and Jonas are touring musicians,
living off their metal and I would just be
"in their way" with the constant
"Sorry I can´t go on tour because bla bla bla", that´s cool..

Concerning the musical differences, I am a bit confused.
As far as I can remember,
I haven´t even discussed the direction of my
future Bloodbath tracks.
The announcement say that I tried to get
Bloodbath in a Moontower/Crimson direction...that is not right...
I have toyed with the idea to make a new album,
using my own name, and revisit the

style of those albums...oh yes...
what is a bit funny is that I actually wanted
to write a bit more brutal songs for

Bloodbath the next time.
I got inspired by working with the Coldworker
album and the urge to write some complex,
fast fucken brutal death came creeping back.
(I have not always written TRL-Death Metal u know..
Infestdead and some of the early E.O.S.
material is kind of brutal, isn´t it???)

Anyway. I just wanted to clearify
that I was NOT trying to pussify Bloodbath

and therefore got kicked out...
where this rumour came from and how the guys
(without asking) just decided that I was on a
different level musically..remains a mystery.

I wish the guys all the best and hope they ask
nice if they can play my songs live for you

guys :)

Dan Swanö

Thanks for all the greatness you have created with Bloodbath, it will forever be MY favorite. I am sure fans around the world will miss your fantastic work.

I posted the same thing on Bloodbath's forum.

Damn shame you're out. You and Mike were the 2 biggest reasons for me listening to Bloodbath. I always liked Mikes and your attitude to Bloodbath and i think that's why it sounded so good.

I'll hope everything works out fine with your own projects.

Rock on Dan :kickass:

Sorry to hear, Dan :(
Well, that makes great material for a re-union in three years :D

Tumn: a band should not do only what the fans say ;) If they feel like that right now, there´s nothing you can do about it. You have to wait til feelings and chemistry change again. Remember how there should not have been another Crimson? ;) And I won´t even start on the growling-topic...

That's sad. Most of Dan's BB song were among the best, at least for my taste.
The touring thing is in an important factor, but the direction thing is strange.
Sounds like Blakkie read Dan's thread about EOS, Moontower II and Bloodbath. But at least he should have talked to Dan.
Don't know if I'm right, but Dan seems to me like a person who writes his thoughts down from time to time and this aren't always fixed plans, just some thinking and dreaming.
Dan is a honest person and he should be treated the same way.

But it reminds me a bit of the day Mike was out of Bloodbath. The said they "kicked him out" because it sounds more Metal, so that's ok for a nasty Death Metal band. :rolleyes:

BloodBath is cool and it sucks that Dan's out. But personally i'm much more excited to hear the combo Dan was talking about of of MoonTower, Crimson II and Dan's BloodBath songs than a new BloodBath album. BloodBath is cool, but i just think Dan's next project will be much more innovative and exciting.

CarniverousJesus said:
BloodBath is cool and it sucks that Dan's out. But personally i'm much more excited to hear the combo Dan was talking about of of MoonTower, Crimson II and Dan's BloodBath songs than a new BloodBath album. BloodBath is cool, but i just think Dan's next project will be much more innovative and exciting.

Exactly we should concentrate on the future!

Although yeh this is a total shock just hope BB can keep the quality level up!

Unicorn said:
Don't know if I'm right, but Dan seems to me like a person who writes his thoughts down from time to time and this aren't always fixed plans, just some thinking and dreaming.

Good point. But also Blakkheim wrote in the Katatonia-forum something about different views on music when people suggested he should again produce Katatonia and it wasn´t too nicely written. But then we see only part of what happens, these guys have known each other for ages, so only they will understand completely, and how much of it is "show" for being cool, or for not wanting to tell all of their feelings - which is their good right not to. We don´t have an exclusive right to the background of everything, all we really seriously can claim is the released records and the concerts. Everything else we get to know is additionally.

Tumn: I wouldn´t know either how to react if one of my favourite bands disintegrated like that (Dan and Nightingale are, and Katatonia, too, for example, but Bloodbath comes only in second place for me) :(

That is total bullshit, the way Anders and Jonas went about it, but it's probably for the best. Now Dan has the freedom to do what he wants, as he mentioned. Bloodbath won't be the same without Dan's contributions, and they will find that out the hard way, just like the EoS guys did when trying to continue on without Dan. I'm sure Dan will release a death metal project, in one form or another, that will blow Bloodbath right out of the water.

The guys in Bloodbath kind of sound like dicks.

I hope this isn't the final Swano/Blakkheim collaboration. You guys are two of my favorite musicians and have produced some of my favorite stuff.

Still, Swano out of bloodbath hopefully means that Dan will be making his own metal project and I can't wait for that.

Yeah, that seems rather dickish the way you get kicked, on assumptions and through an e-mail very impersonal. The best member of the band is gone as far as I am concerned hopefully this will give you time to get back to what you do best melodic and catchy metal.

Dan Swanö said:
I recieved an email from Blakkheim today
where I saw that my services as a member of

Bloodbath was no longer required.
I Must admit I didn´t see that one coming!!

[SNIP]

Concerning the musical differences, I am a bit confused.
As far as I can remember,
I haven´t even discussed the direction of my
future Bloodbath tracks.
The announcement say that I tried to get
Bloodbath in a Moontower/Crimson direction...that is not right...
That's sad that they'd assume such a thing... And especially without asking you first. Not cool at all. :(

Could it be the following quote that they misinterpreted?
Dan Swanö said:
If Bloodbath don´t resurrect from the pit of silence, I will most likely put together a new Death Metal project. Of course, sounding a whole lot like Crimson II and Moontower and my Bloodbath songs....
Anyway... I'm not happy at all with what happened. But I hope everything turns out for the best, whatever that may be...

Fuck that, it's not over! Things need to be remedied between both parties so everything can be back to normal! :)