Megadeth

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
While Megadeth is great dont getme wrong, Annihilator is so much better. Jeff Waters is still releasing kick ass records.
Granted Alice in Hell was a masterpiece but I dont believe many would agree that Jeff's managed to record anything as consistently thrashy since. Waters has certainly made some great songs since but a full album of thrash winners seemed beyond his grasp. I would agree that Annihilators new album is the most consistent piece of work from them since AiH. But discussing Annihilator is not the purpose of this thread.

Back to the 'deth. I saw them on the RiP tour, they were the days. I expected alot more from their latsest album when i heard they returned to a more traditional sound but it sounded very so-so and lacking edge.

Dodens Grav said:
I suggest you check out the remixed version of their debut (done well before the recent remix campaign) and revisit that album if you haven't already. It has since become my personal favorite Megadeth album.

Again, Dodens talks sense.

It's a fantastic, raw thrash album, and easily the best of the big bands debut albums.

RIP is my favourite by a nose however, due to the powerful majesty of Polaris, the savagery of Take no Prisoners, the guitar wizardry of Hangar 18 and the epic nature of Holy Wars...

The big problem with Megadeths career is that for every Holy Wars, you get a Warhorse: for every Hangar 18 you get a return to Hanger, and for every Hook in Mouth you get a Breadline.

Consistency just isn't in Mr Mustaines vocabulary.

OfManAndMetal said:
how could any metal head not have megadeth on there top 10 let alone there top 100 ?

How could any metal head not have Megadeth on their top 10, let alone their top 100?

Well, maybe, just maybe, they don't like them as much as their own top 10 bands or top 100 bands ? :D