Megadeth

Goddamnit, The Greys just deleted his post where he simply responded to BMT's post with 'fuck you.' And I found it funny. Now you can too. Because I told you.

I used to be a huge Megadeth fan when I was 15 or so (now 19). I guess I still enjoy RIP once in a while but not so much lately. Never bothered to check out anything past Countdown. Peace Sells and RIP are very good if not great, Countdown is pretty good for what it is. So Far, So Good, So What always sucked a bit in my mind.

I did shell out a few bucks to see them with Exodus last year, and Holy Wars was one of the best live songs I ever remember. By the way, Exodus is way better than Anthrax.

Dave's recent antics have been pretty lame, and I've lost a lot of respect for him.

The Greys said:
Can't stand Dave Mustaine or his band. Megadeth go down as one of the worst metal bands imo.
thats a little harsh. megadeth put on one of the best shows i ve ever seen when they came by last year. great performance and the audience really felt it. made for a great vibe all night. dave does seem to be becoming a little much with his comments lately though. pushing people around with your religeous beliefs is garbage. i thought religeon was supposed to teach people tolerance but all i ever seen from any of them is intolerance but back to megadeth. i wish i could of seen them when marty was in the group and before the risk album. the new disc i enjoy even though it isn t quite thrash so much.

Any impact Megadeth had on the metal scene was wholly negative. Pretentious rock-based noodling accompanied by vocals akin to those of a constipated mallard - no thanks.

I like how solos have exited the vocabulary of elitists, and in its place rose the term 'noodling,' and a new definition that noodling, if done in a band that an elitist doesn't like, is pretentious. Dream Theater is pretentious. Other Prog bands are pretentious. Megadeth isn't pretentious.

Megadeth is noodling but not pretentious to me. I simple don't even remebering one Megadeth solo or riff. It's complex at times but what's the point of just being complex. Slayer's solos while not being as good fit in the songs more,sound cool and stuck in my head. Listen to the solos in 'Spirit in Black', very memorable nor typical slayer solos. Personally don't even know what the point of Megadeth's solos are. Kirk Hammet wrote tasteful amazing solos. Every single solo was tasteful plus had great blend of melodies and technique's. His solos simple sound great. Dave Mustaine is not even 5% of the lead guitarist Kirk is, do not care what anyone says. Dave Mustaine can play but what's the point when you can't write. This is all just my oipnion. You can be an average lead guitarists writing great memorable solos, same goes with virtuoso's. Some people no matter what just don't cut if for me. Dimebag's rythmn,lead work was great. His incorperatation of sincere bluesy,southern style was ten times more tasteful than Dave Mustaine EVER. Listen to the guitar playing in 'Revolution is My Name', god damn Dimebag was great. He really had an ear for playing guitar. It sucks some people can not respect him as an artist no matter what because his lifestyle which has nothing to do with writting great riffs and solos. His music was well written,tasteful and intelligent. Just remove phil anselmo listening to the brothers playing music together and tell me they are not great as playing instruments. They were meant to play music.

I've heard Dream Theater 'Train of Thought' and even that was more memorable than Megadeth. The music is catchy,memorable and written well. 'Stream of Consciousness' was a great instrumental. The vocals took time to get use to but the singer still has talent unlike Dave Mustaine.

I don't think Dave has much ears for playing but somehow can be complex. There is a good ammount of people like that. Dave is one of the few musicians who did not benifit from drug use.

The Greys said:
Megadeth is noodling but not pretentious to me. I simple don't even remebering one Megadeth solo or riff. It's complex at times but what's the point of just being complex. Slayer's solos while not being as good fit in the songs more,sound cool and stuck in my head. Listen to the solos in 'Spirit in Black', very memorable nor typical slayer solos. Personally don't even know what the point of Megadeth's solos are. Kirk Hammet wrote tasteful amazing solos. Every single solo was tasteful plus had great blend of melodies and technique's. His solos simple sound great. Dave Mustaine is not even 5% of the lead guitarist Kirk is, do not care what anyone says. Dave Mustaine can play but what's the point when you can't write. This is all just my oipnion. You can be an average lead guitarists writing great memorable solos, same goes with virtuoso's. Some people no matter what just don't cut if for me. Dimebag's rythmn,lead work was great. His incorperatation of sincere bluesy,southern style was ten times more tasteful than Dave Mustaine EVER. Listen to the guitar playing in 'Revolution is My Name', god damn Dimebag was great. He really had an ear for playing guitar. It sucks some people can not respect him as an artist no matter what because his lifestyle which has nothing to do with writting great riffs and solos. His music was well written,tasteful and intelligent. Just remove phil anselmo listening to the brothers playing music together and tell me they are not great as playing instruments. They were meant to play music.

I've heard Dream Theater 'Train of Thought' and even that was more memorable than Megadeth. The music is catchy,memorable and written well. 'Stream of Consciousness' was a great instrumental. The vocals took time to get use to but the singer still has talent unlike Dave Mustaine.

I don't think Dave has much ears for playing but somehow can be complex. There is a good ammount of people like that. Dave is one of the few musicians who did not benifit from drug use.

Paraphrase that mother fucker.I don't feel like reading that, I have a date in a little while.

Someone white needs to tell me to paraphrase that, not you. Go tap some big black ass while listening to dance remix's!

The Greys said:
megadeth solos = bad
metallica solos = good
slayer solos = not good but fit the songs
pantera solos = good
dream theater solos = good

something like that but i just skimmed it

The Greys said:
Someone white needs to tell me to paraphrase that, not you. Go tap some big black ass while listening to dance remix's!

That was fucking stupid. You don't have to be a fucking douche just because you don't have anything important to say. Whats wrong with tapping some black ass anyway, Fucking black girls is fun.

God wtf is wrong with u people fukin argue like Rl newblets.This isnt a war...

anyways i really like megadeath i like how dave stuck with it all the years but i dont like it how everyone else left.Bass player almost made it but yah i still think they cool i really like the song holy wars sum talent there and oh have u heard Buried alive with megadeath and kingdiamond its shiznit

Dodens Grav said:
I like how solos have exited the vocabulary of elitists, and in its place rose the term 'noodling,' and a new definition that noodling, if done in a band that an elitist doesn't like, is pretentious. Dream Theater is pretentious. Other Prog bands are pretentious. Megadeth isn't pretentious.
There's a point here.

Megadeth aren't pretentious - they're simple. It's good, but it's also pretty dumb from a conceptual standpoint. I'll always love Holy Wars, but the rest of their material is pretty generic. The only lasting potential it has is simply the oversaturation that has occured because of millions of retards glomming onto the band thinking that it's good, worthwhile stuff due to its accessibility or record sales.

Consumer success does not equal artistic success. The Greys and BMT might do well to remember this in future discussions. :)

imo, their first was their finest... interest decreases from album to album and finally comes the shitty Youthanasia... that's when I ceased being interested by Mustaine's band... :yuk:

lately I listened to the post Youthanasia albums only to discover Risk (remastered) was my fav'... :oops: its only problem is to be labelled Megadeth, other than than it's a fine pop metal album... :headbang:

Megadeth certainly doesn't come near my top 10 bands list, and probably misses the top 100, to be honest. Though their debut and the majority of RIP is quite good, and the two in the middle have their interesting bits. There's scores of superior Thrash bands out there, however.

Like every other fan of Metal, I went though that phase where I thought Megadeth was the greatest, (I was like 11 or 12 maybe) but nowadays, I wouldn't even listen to them as a last resort.

RIP/CTE/Youth are great albums though, from a reminiscent stand point.

Blaphbee said:
Consumer success does not equal artistic success. The Greys and BMT might do well to remember this in future discussions. :)

You should remember this, I dont fucking care, I like Megadeth because when I put the cd in the cd player and hear what comes out of the speakers I like it, It is my personal favorite thing I hear coming out of my speakers. That means they are my favorit band. I dont care how many albums they sell or if people like you on forums dont like they. So stop being a fucking jew about it.

Excuse me, but who the fuck are you?

You might want to try and understand something here: just because you believe that Megadeth is the fuckin' tops, does not make it an objective fact, simply because that's your opinion. Belief does not always correspond to reality, especially when the perceiver is a whining consumer simpleton such as yourself - thus, your assertion that Megadeth are great is little more than bullshit, when the judgment of the asserter (in this case, you) is observed to be bullshit. You don't understand art, so don't try to tell us what is good or bad where art is concerned.

In other words, you have no business telling us we're fools for not liking Megadeth, when an even bigger fool (you) is the one doing the condemning. Besides, black people haven't a clue what makes good metal, let alone what metal is in the first place, so why are you squawking about on topics you couldn't comprehend to save your life?

Cordially yours,
Piss off, you fucking ape.